Chapter 34: Surprises

05/07/2019 - 05/13/2019:

Hello everyone. Hope you are all well. My deepest apologies for not updating this story in so long. I had a rough year last year and my mind wasn't in the right mind to update most of my stories. Right now I am sick with allergies and a cold, figures right after Mother's Day which I enjoyed with my family.

Anyways, I am trying to get back into this story and my others ones and I thank you for your patience.

Thanks for Reading, Commenting and Voting. Have a great week.

"What are you doing here?" Natalia says as she stepped out of the door, closing it behind her.

"I came to see you of course." The flowers that were in their hand lifted to give to her.

Frowning she took them and smelled them. "Thank you."

"Of course. How have you been?" 

"I've been. How are you?" 

"Busy and missing you. You haven't called or texted me. Is there a reason why?"

Sighing, she looked to the right. The light inside the Heart's house was on and she wondered what the twin's were doing.

"I have been busy -- adjusting to things." She answered looking back at them.

There was a pause until they say. "It wouldn't be like this if your --."

Natalia shook her head. "Please don't."

"Don't want?"

"Finish the sentence. I already know what you are about to say. I've heard it already and I really don't want to hear it again and again."

They let out a loud sigh. "What do you want me to say? I miss you and you don't call. It's not fair, you know that."

Natalia shook her head. She wasn't going to be sucked into this argument again. She was tired of it. "I'm not ignoring you on purpose. I have been busy and I just came back from the beach today." Trying to explain. 

"Who did you go with?"

"Friends." Not elaborating further.

"Friends," repeating. "Okay, well I wanted to see you and take you out to dinner tomorrow night."

"I --." Natalia began to say but was cut off.

"I will not take no for an answer. You owe me this. Don't you think?" Their tone changing.

Staring at them she nodded her head yes. "Okay."

"Good. I will text you tomorrow with the time. Do not ignore me Natalia." Cupping the side of her face. Leaning their head down they kissed her forehead then hugged her.

"I won't." She muttered hugging them back. Feeling the warmth she did miss once in a while.

Pulling away, they smiled. Tapping her nose before they turned around. Natalia watched them go down the steps heading towards the car parked in front of her house. Once inside they waved goodbye. She raised her hand and waved also keeping an eye on the car until she couldn't see the headlights anymore from a distance.

Sighing in sadness Natalia smelled the flowers. Tulips, her favorite. She was surprised they actually remembered they are her favorite. After a few minutes, a few tears ran down her cheeks. Remembering how things were between them and how things should be, could be. It wasn't going to be the same no matter how much she wished it.