Chapter 33:

10/05/2018 - 10/15/2018:

... enjoy a second  update. Until next time.

Did she want to be with both or one? That seemed to be the question. 

"Umm." 

"We know we said we would follow your lead Natalia and we will. It's just that." Damien breaks off and glances over to his brother who nods at him.

Damon continues. "It's just that we want to be prepared. So when you do decide, we can be all right with the decision you make."

"The decision will be yours Natalia. No pressure from either of us." Damien had taken her hand in his, squeezing it lightly.

"I don't have to decide now, do I? I mean. I hardly know the two of you." looking in between both of them.

"You don't and we have plenty of time to get to know each other." Damon taking her other hand gave it a light squeeze like his brother. His smile settled her nervousness. She didn't know what she would say if she had to decide between the two of them. It was hard enough to tell them she would give them a chance. But to actually have to choose between one or the other? Would she be able to when the time came?

"How about we hang out as friends? You know, so there isn't any pressure or awkwardness between us." reassuring her with his smile again.

"Sure. I'd like that."

"Great. So now that that's settled, you don't have to pretend you don't know us or--"

" -- avoid us like the plague."

Natalia couldn't help but chuckle. "I will try."

"Please try. We really do want to get to know you and it would suck if you kept ignoring us." Damon tells her.

"Or run the other way when you see us." Damien added.

"Or cling to that kid Mike to get us jealous." Damon rolled his eyes.

"Jealous?" Natalia says lifting her eyebrow. Did they think she was hanging out with Mike to make them jealous? "Do you guys think that I hang out with him just to make the two of you jealous? Are you serious?" standing up she went to leave annoyed but two pair of strong hands pulled her back down.

"Beautiful, I was just joking." Damon kissed her hand.

"Yeah, even though to be completely honest, we were jealous of him." Damien admitted.

"Why? He's just a friend."

Glancing at one another, the twins sigh. "Yeah, a friend that likes you." muttering, Damon sits back on the chair.

"A lot." Damien adds as he rolls his eyes.

"How do you guys know that?" she asked them curiously. Natalia had a feeling that Mike may like her more than a friend but she didn't want to believe it.

"Baby girl, it's so obvious the kid likes you."

"Yeah, it's obvious Natalia. The guy likes you."

Shaking her head, Natalia huffs. "I doubt it. He's just nice and sweet."

"Haha, baby girl." Damon leans over cupping the side of her face. "He's nice and sweet because he likes you. Guys do that."

"Just look at us beautiful. We are nice and sweet to you because we like you."

"Yeap and unlike Mike, we actually have a chance with you. Right?"

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The ride back home was quiet. Only because Natalia dosed off about ten minutes after the Heart's got on the road. It had been a fun and tiring weekend, exhaustion overtaking her. 

It was late afternoon when everyone was ready to go. The twins and Grayson had left before them. Needing to meet some of their team mates to discuss a fundraiser the team was planning.

The three also discussed plans of hanging out sometime that week. Natalia didn't know how that was going to sit well with Juliet. She's made it known that she wasn't her brother's supporter. Her and Juliet's friendship was new and Natalia did not want to upset her or even have to lie when she does hang out with the twins. What would she even say if she does decide to date them -- or both?

"Nat? Wake up, we're home."

Groaning as she opened her eyes, Natalia glances around to see that they had driven up on the Heart's driveway. Yawning, she took off the seat belt and opened the door to get out.

Stretching her tired limbs to wake up and moving to the back of the car to get her bag she says. "Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Heart for inviting me to go with Juliet. I had a great time." smiling at the couple.

"Anytime Natalia. Thank you for joining us." Mrs. Heart warmly smiled and gave Natalia a hug.

Pulling away Mr. Heart smiles at her also. "Glad you were able to join Juliet. We will see you later."

"All right." smiling at them then turned to say goodbye to Juliet who was also grabbing her things from the back of the car.

"Bye Juliet. Thanks for inviting me."

"Of course. I will be inviting you every time we go." giving her friend a hug then letting go. They both waved goodbye while Natalia made her way down the driveway and towards her house.

"Mami I'm home." calling out to her mom when she opened her front door.

"En la cocina. (In the kitchen.)" Raquel calls back.

Putting her things down by the staircase, Natalia walks towards the kitchen. "Hey mom."

Turning around from the stove, Raquel smiles at  her daughter. "Hola mi vida. How was your weekend?" hugging her daughter tightly.

"It was fun. I'm so ready for bed though." picking up a fried plantain that was on a plate next to the stove.

"Glad you had fun. How about you take your bags upstairs, wash up and come down for dinner then call it a night?"

"Okay, I will do that." smiling at her mom.

Grabbing another plantain and dipping it in the sauce, she took a bite then headed out of the kitchen to go up to her room to wash up. Going to bed early was a good idea but she needed to study at least for an hour before she went to bed. Plus, it was still early evening.

A buzzing startled Natalia. Rubbing her eyes and yawning, she looked around her now dark room. "I fell asleep." saying to herself. The buzzing -- now realizing was her cell that was next to her -- continued vibrating.

Picking it up seeing a few notifications, she clicked on the last one.

Come outside please... it read. Her eyebrow lifted up. 

Typing back it read, Be right down...

Sighing, she sets her book aside getting off her bed. Slipping on her slides that were by her bed, she heads for her bedroom door, opens it and descends down the stairs.

Once she makes it down, she looks toward the living room area to see if her mom was there but she didn't hear her. Thinking she may just be in her office, Natalia goes to her front door, takes a deep breath and opens it.

Taken back by the bouquet of flowers that were now in front of her, Natalia says. "What are you doing here?"