Chapter 26

(Jack's POV)

  ~Five years later 2023~

      I feel someone wrap their small arms around me. "Happy anniversary Daddy!!" I hear my three-year-old daughter tell me. I laugh and tickle her. "Thank you sweety. Go tell Dad the same thing." I say, referring to Alex. Our daughter, Natasha runs to the living room to find Alex. I get up to follow her. "She's such a dork." I state. 

 I hear Alex laugh. "I wonder where she gets it from." He states. 

  I nod. "Yeah well she gets it from you not me." I lean over to kiss him on the lips. "Happy wedding Anniversary. I love you." 

  He kisses back. "Happy Anniversary. I love you too." 

  Natasha cringles her nose. "Ew gross." She says. 

  I pick her up. "It won't be gross when you're older. I love you my precious angel." I state. "Lets get you dressed for your play date with Marvel." Marvel is Pete's five year old daughter and Nat's best friend. 

  She grins. "Sure. I want to see my bestie." She says. I take her to her bedroom to get her dressed. A cute dress, leggings, and her shoes. I love her. We used a surrogate donor to have Nat. 

  Alex smiles. "I love this life we have together. I also love you, Mr. Gaskarth." He says. 

  I smile and kiss his cheek. "I love you too. I love all of this too." I state. 

  Alex nods. "Lets go take the little one to her play date." He suggests. "Pete and Patrick are expecting us." He explains. 

  I nod, picking up our daughter. "Yes we should." I say. We go out the front door and put Nat in her carseat before getting in the passenger's seat. Alex starts driving us to Pete and Patrick's house. Its nice to only live a block away from them. 

  It takes about five minutes to get there. I'm glad it doesn't take longer cause Alex and I want the day to ourselves. Which may sound selfish but it is our anniversary so we have a right to be. I take Natasha out of the carseat before knocking on the door. 

  Patrick opens the door with a grin. "Hey. Did you want to come in?" He asks. 

  I shake my head. "No just dropping her off for the play date." I explain. "Sorry if that sounded rude." 

  Patrick laughs. "Its fine. I get it you want to be alone with Alex for the day." 

  I put Natasha down. "I'm glad you agreed to this. Thank you for having her for the day." 

  Patrick nods. "Its fine. We don't mind, besides Marvel is excited." 

  "I'm glad." I say goodbye to my daughter before getting back in the car. "Where to?" I ask. 

  Alex grins. "The beach." He says, without hesitation. He knows its one of my favorite places to be. "I can't believe we've been married for five years already." Alex says. 

I grin. "I can't either, its unbelievable." I agree. "It feels like it was just yetsreday." 

  He laughs. "Yes but theres one thing that has changed." He says. 

 I raise an eyebrow. "Whats that?" I ask. 

  He smirks. "My love for you has grown even more than it did when we got married. I love you." He says, pulling into the beach's parking lot. 

  I smile at that. "I love you too. And my love for you keeps growing stronger every day." I say. Alex truly doesn't know how much I love him and how much he means to me. 

  He leans over to kiss me. "Awe. That's so sweet. Ready?" 

  I kiss him. "I am yes." I say unbuckling. 

  We get out of the car and head up the beach. The sand hits my feet as we do. I've always loved running on the sand. Its ne of my favorite things. 

  Alex runs after me. "You're crazy!" He yells out to me. 

  I yell back. "That may be but so are you." 

  He catches up and then stops to catch his breath. "You are so lucky that I love you asshole." 

  I giggle. "Yes I am lucky. Nice of you to finally catch up." I state. 

  He hits me. "Took me long enough. I didn't know you had that in you." 

  Now its my turn to hit him. "That was mean asshole." I say punching him. 

  He fakes being hurt. "Ouch that hurt." 

  I smirk. "I know you're faking but that was so deserved." 

  He kisses me. "Whatever." 

   I take my shirt off before running into the ocean water. I love the saltwater hitting my skin. I feel arms wrap around me shortly after. "I'm never letting you get away from me." Alex states. In that moment, I know this is where I'm meant to be. I'm meant to be with Alex forever snd right now there's nowhere else I want to be.