Chapter 2

(Jack's POV)

  I know that Alex is hiding something from me but I have no idea what it is. He never talks about what his career is. We do tour with the band and we make music together but other than that I don't know what he does. The money that we get making music isn't enough for Alex to own a mansion and three hotels.

 "Will you please tell me your secret?" I beg for Alex to tell me the truth.

 "I told you that I'm not telling you what I do." Alex states.

 "Please?" I try to keep my composure to get him to tell me.

 "I am not telling you. Can we please leave it be?" He begs me to leave it alone.

 I sigh and cross my arms. "Really? Why?" I ask.

 He looks me in the eyes. "Because I'm not ready for you to know yet. It's a huge deal."

  I sigh. "Fine but I'm your best friend so if you can't tell me then I get it. There must be an important reason why." I state. I've never been in his office before now. It's a regular office with a wooden desk and shelves.

 Alex smiles. "I know I can trust you. I'm just waiting for the right time to tell you." He states.

  "Well I won't rush you then." I say, checking the time. "Shit I have to go meet Dallon." I say. Dallon is my boyfriend who I've been seeing for about four months. I head to the restaurant where I'm meeting Dallon.

 Dallon gives me a look when he sees me. "You're late."

 "I know I am. Sorry I was talking to Alex and forgot the time." I explain.

 "Its fine, at least you were only a few minutes late so I don't mind." He says.

 "I'm glad. What have you been up to lately." I ask as I drink my water.

 He grins. "I've been busy with the band and other things. You?" he asks.

  "Working on music with the band. That's really all I've been up to. I know its difficult with both of us being busy with our bands." I state.

  "Yes, but we can make it through unless there's some other reason you think it can't." he says. I think that he's trying to trap me in some kind of way.

  "It can. I will. We will make it." I assure him that we will make it. I'm not to that point where I can say those magic words to him. But he's said them to me.