Chapter 4

(Jack's POV)

  "You don't get it." I hear Alex talking to someone in his office. I have no idea who he's talking to or what it's about. But I have a worried feeling in my gut.

  I feel someone hugging my waist and I turn around to see Dallon standing there. "I didn't know that you were coming by."

 Dallon grins. "Surprise. Actually, I came over to see Alex. But I don't mind seeing my boyfriend."

 I kiss his cheek. "thank you. What do you need to talk to Alex about?" I ask.

 He pulls back. "Nothing important to worry about." He assures me.

 I sigh. "Alright whatever you say babe." I back away so he can take care of his business.

  Dallon kisses me before going into Alex's office. Brendon Urie comes out of the office. I smile at him. "Hi Brendon."

 Brendon looks up at me. "Oh hey. Did Alex tell you about tonight?" he asks.

 I shake my head. "No what about tonight? He hasn't told me anything. Whats going on?" I state.

 He grins. "you're playing with us at the college." He states.

 "Which college?" I ask. I have no idea what he's talking about. I'm so confused.

   "The college that we would've graduated from." He explains. We would've graduated there if our music careers didn't take off.

 "That sounds like a fun night. What time is soundcheck?" I ask.

  "Four is soundcheck. We get ten songs each. I can't believe that Alex didn't tell you." Brendon explains.

 "Alright I guess I'll see you then." I say walking towards the living room.

 "That you will. I have to go prepare. I'll see you later." Brendon says before leaving.

   I sit on the couch and sigh. "Oh my god." I don't know what to do anymore. I'm stuck in my own head which is a big problem. I am lost when it comes to what is going to happen tonight.

 Dallon sits next to me. "Mind if I hangout for a bit?"

   I smile and lean against his shoulder. I like having him in my life. "Sure but we're playing a gig tonight, just so you're aware."

 He nods. "Of course. You know that I'm proud of you." He states.

  I grin. "I'm the one who should be proud of you. You're band is on the cover of Alternative Press." I kiss him.

  He kisses back with a grin. "That I am. I'm proud of myself for doing what I love while having a blast."

 I smile. "I'm glad you're living the dream." I state.

 "I'm glad you are too. You deserve all the fans that you have." He says.

  Alex walks in. He looks like he didn't get much sleep. It looks like he's an absolute wreck. Now I'm officially worried about him. "Hey guys. Sorry Dallon but we have to get ready for our gig tonight." Alex states.

 Dallon kisses me on the lips before getting up to leave. "Bye."

 I nod. "Bye." Then I look at Alex. "Are you okay? You look like a wreck." I state.

 Alex sighs. "I got no sleep for the last two nights. Plus I'm under a lot of stress." He explains.

  I sigh. "Focusing on the music should help. Can you handle the gig?" I ask because I'm extremely worried about him. And as his best friend I should be.

 He nods. "Yes, I can. I think it will help me feel better." He states.

  "If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you getting any sleep?" I ask him cause maybe I can help solve that problem.

  He tries to cheer me up. "I have so many thoughts in my head that doesn't shut off. I don't know how to shut my brain off." He explains.

  I open my arms for him to hug. "Let me hug you." I state. "Alex, you're an amazing songwriter. All those thoughts that are in your head, put to song lyrics because that's what you're incredible at." I explain.

 He smiles. "Sorry I'm a wreck. Shall we go to our soundcheck?" he tries to laugh.

 Rian walks in. "Soundcheck for what?" Rian asks.

  "For our gig tonight at the college with Panic! so we should probably get ready to go. Cause we have to be there at four." Alex explains.

 I get off the couch to go grab my guitar. "We should get going then."

 Zach laughs. "We need to move the equipment."

   Alex shakes his head. "Dallon helped me move the equipment earlier. We don't need to now. Let's go. Oh, and we're taking the van."

 I laugh. "Okay then, that means we're stuck with each other." I state.

 Rian laughs. "I'm fine with that." he grins.

  We get out of the ATL mansion and get in the van. Alex locks the door behind us. After this gig we're taking a brief hiatus to get our mental health back on track. Especially for Alex. I hope he takes my advice and relax. He's been under a lot of pressure. He needs to destress himself.

  After the gig we go out to celebrate. It's been a wild and I'm going to miss the feeling of being onstage playing our own music. Music is such a rush and I will miss every second of it. But the break from it will be helpful for us as well. I know our fans aren't going to get it but I hope they do understand. This is important for us.