Chapter 3

(Alex's POV)

  "I don't know why you're surprised by that statement." Jack says as we're in the middle of band practice.

 "I'm not it's just I wasn't expecting that." Rian agrees.

 I sigh. "Fine. Shall we continue this band practice?" I ask.

 Zack nods. "Sure. But let's go back to focusing on the music."

 I nod. "Yes, lets get back to the music."

  We get back to making music the way we should. We love what we do and we're excited to continue our journey. Our fans are the best fans any band could ever have. They are family to us and we love them for supporting us.

  I smile as we rehearse our set for our upcoming U.K. tour. It's crazy that everything in our lives are going well. The only thing that isn't is my love life. But with the job that I do, it's not surprising. Yes, being in the band is my main career and my passion. Music is my love and I'm never giving it up. Its my entire world.

  After practice Jack meets me in my room. "Are you okay? You seem out of it." He asks making sure that I'm okay.

 "Its fine. We've just been very busy and I've been busy." I state as I sit on the bed.

 He smiles. "Are you actually? You know that you can tell me anything and I'll believe you."

  I put my phone down and look at him in the eyes. "My job that I do outside of the music is complicated. It's something that I keep a secret for a reason."

  "Whats going on with you? I want to know whats happening in your life. If anyone is hurting you please tell me because I really want to know." He reminds me that he's my best friend.

 I sigh. "I don't know who's after me. But I'm not sure who or why. I have a feeling." I say.

  "I just don't know why you can't tell me. Please talk to me." He begs. Jack always knows how to cheer me up. He means a lot to me but he doesn't know how much he actually does mean to me.

  "I can't. It's too dangerous for you to know the truth just yet." I say. I'm scared for him to find out. And to judge me because of it. He's my best friend and has been since high school. I don't want his opinion of me to change due to who I actually am. "I'm scared."

 He hugs me. "My feelings towards who you are as a person will never change." He assures me.

 "Are you sure?" I ask to make sure that he knows what he's talking about.

 "I'm sure. Please.." he tries to calm me down as I'm close to a panic attack.

  "I just want you to know but at the same time I can't." I state as I cling to him. Jack has always been there for me. We've known each other for fifteen years and it definitely shows.

 He lets go of me. "Feel better?" he asks, getting up.

 I nod. "I do. Thanks for being there for me when I need you."

  He laughs as he smiles. "Of course. I'm lucky to have you in my life. I do have to go though. I'll be back later." He says, leaving the room. Since he left I decide to meet my client that's meeting me in my office. Oh yeah and this client is Brendon Urie. "Brendon Urie why are you here?" I ask. When he texted me I was shocked that he would be here.

  "I'm here to give you my payment from last time. And to ask a favor as a friend." Brendon states.

  "Whats the favor?" I ask, leaning on the desk Brendon has been a good friend for at least six years. It's fair for him to ask a favor.

 "The favor is for you to tell Jack the truth about how you feel about him." He tells me.

  "What truth?" I ask as he says that. I don't know what exactly he's talking about. "What feelings?" I state.

  "Really? Alex everyone knows how you feel about Jack except for you and him. You are in love with him and you can't see it." Brendon explains.

 I give him a look. "I am not in love with him. There's no way I do. I can't."

  Brendon rolls his eyes at me. "The way you look at him gives it all away, at least to those who are paying attention. And have known you well enough, it's obvious."

  "I'm not though." I state trying to assure him that I'm not in love with my best friend. I don't think I am but then again Brendon might be right. I don't want it to be true but its very possible.

 "You are. Just tell him. You'll never know what will happen if you don't." he states.

   "But he has a boyfriend who used to be in your band." I state. Even if I was there's no way that Jack would feel the same way. Jack is my best friend and an awesome person. I just want to be the best person I can be and Jack helps me with that. Maybe I am in love with him, I just don't know if I am. It won't matter because he's dating Dallon.

 "Alex, I'm aware of that but I don't think that relationship will last very long." He smirks at me.

 "Well I'm not gonna jump right in." I state.

 He gets up. "Think about it. It will make a difference." He states as he leaves.

  I leave right after he did because I want to hangout with my friends. We're having a fun dinner tonight with them. It's going to be a great night. I love them more than anything in the world and that says a lot. They're my family and I'm lucky to have them.