Chapter 25

(Alex's POV)

   I'm married. I'm married. Holy shit I'm married! THese words keep running through my head while we're on the plane to Rio. Its insane to believe that I'm on my honeymoon with Jack. Today was such a special, lovely, most amazing day of my life so far. A day thats been fifteen years in the making. 

  "Whats wrong?" Jack asks me in the next seat over. 

  I grin at him. "Nothing. Today was perfect in every way. And extremely special. I'm married to Jack Barakat-Gaskarth." I add my last name to his, I love saying it. 

  He kisses my cheek. "I love the sound of that. Yes, we're married, Alex Gaskarth-Barakat." He smirks as he says that. 

  I smile when I hear him add his last name to mine. "Awe that's amazing and I love that. I also love that we're on our way to Rio, Brazil for our honeymoon." I say. 

  He nods. "I do too." he says. 

  I put my head on his shoulder. "I'm so glad. I love you so much." 

  He grins. "I love you too. You look like you need a nap." He says. 

  I curl into his shoulder. "I think I will." I say, closing my eyes to get some rest on the flight since its a long one. 

  He smiles and kisses my forehead. "Get some rest." He states. I grin in my sleep as he says that. i sleep throughout the entire flight. 

  Jack gently elbows me to wake me up. "Alex, babe, we've landed." He informs me. 

  I slowly wake up and move off his shoulder. "Yay, we're here." I state, excitedly. 

  He laughs, unbuckling the belt. "I'm glad you're excited." He states getting out of the seat. 

  I grin. "I'm so glad that you are too." I say, getting out of the seat. "Jack Gaskarth, welcome to Rio." I state. 

  He giggles. "Thanks for marrying me." He says. 

  I turn towards him to kiss him before coming out of the plane terminal. "Good. You're welcome." I take his hand in mine. After we gather our luggage, we begin the journey to our hotel to check in. This is actually our second time visiting Brazil. A couple of years ago we played Rock in Rio. It was so much fun but we didn't get much time to explore the gorgeous place. 

  Jack grips my hand. "I'm grateful that we're able to be here and actually explore this time." He explains. 

  I smile as we enter the hotel room after checking in. "I am too. Plus, we'll get to enjoy it more as we don't have to rush." 

  He puts the luggage down. "That's true. Plus no concert to do either. We're here to enjoy ourselves." He winks at me. 

  I nod. "That we are. With that being said, what do you want to do first?" I ask. 

  He looks at the daylight outside. "We should enjoy the nice day out." he states. 

  I get off the bed. "That sounds like a wonderful plan." I agree, making sure I have the room key. 

  "I heard that they have nice beaches here." He suggests. 

  I laugh. "That may be true but we have those at home." I state. "Sightseeing." 

   He pulls me into a deep kiss. "Fine by me." 

  With that we grab our wallets, phone, and room keys as well as a map before leaving the room to start the sightseeing. Rio is incredibly gorgeous and its a beautiful day outside. I'm excited to spend  the day with my husband. 

  "Its a wonderful feeling to be here with you." Jack tells me, kissing me on the lips. I kiss him back with a smirk. "Well damn that was hot as fuck." I state. 

  He hits me playfully. "It was but watch your language." 

  I act hurt by that comment. "That was mean and you're one to talk, Mr. Sailor Mouth." I state. 

  He tumbles over while laughing. "Okay that's fair." He says. 

  I help him up. "Hahaha very funny, smartass." I state. "On  a more serious note, where are we going?" I ask my husband. 

  He looks at the map. "We're almost there I think. Google maps might be more useful than this map." He explains. 

  "So we are lost. Yay." I playfully roll my eyes at him. "Yes GPS might be more useful." I dig my phone out to start the Google Maps GPS because the actual map isn't helping at all. I start leading the way to our destination. 

  "I'm a dumbass." Jack says as we walk. "Why didn't we just take a cab or Uber?" He asks. 

  "Walking mkaes it more fun to explore the city that way. We also need the exercise." I explain. 

  "Are you calling me fat?!" He fakes being offended. 

  I shake my head. "You're nowhere near fat. I'm just stating that exercise is good for us." I say. 

  He smiles with relief. "That's perfectly fine by me." He states as we arrive at our destination. "Holy shit its huge!" he says. 

  I nod, standing next to him. "Yeah. I feel short next to it." I say. 

  "Yeah I do too. Its one of their top ten attractions cause its a huge part of the Brazilian history." He says. 

  "I can see why." I agree. We go through the day going to as many tourist destinations as possible. When we get to the hotel after dinner my body gives up on me. I curl into Jack's side before closing my eyes and dozing off.