Thirty Six

"What do you mean they escaped?! I thought the villains that were captured were held in a highly-guarded prison!" I exclaimed, starting to shake with fear.

"They were, but this morning at three a.m, they somehow vanished. The security guards and police officers looked through the camera footage and found a mysterious hooded figure pop into the prison out of nowhere, grabbed the villains, and disappeared. We don't know who the suspect is yet, but we do have some leads," All Might explained to me.

"How is that even possible?!" I asked the yellow-haired hero.

"It's probably their quirk. Maybe they can portal jump or something," said All Might.

I soon felt uneasy in my seat. It was like I went on a rollercoaster five thousand times. It shocked me that Toga and the few other villains are out of the prison. At first, I thought the person who helped the person escape was that mist guy, but then I realized he was held in a special cell that blocked his quirk. The League of Villains must have hired a new recruit, and it must have been fairly recently.

Looking at All Might, I questioned him. "What are we going to do? They could be anywhere!"

All Might shrugged and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't know, kid. The Proes and I have been up since four, and have been searching all over the city. We're in serious danger if we don't find them soon."

"Well, what if the students-"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

I was startled by All Might's yelling, and All Might quickly said sorry to me. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you or the other students help us. You guys are still kids, you could get seriously hurt like last time."

"But All Might-" I tried to talk, but my mentor kept turning me down.

"No buts, you will not be part of this situation, nor will the other students be. Now, get back to the dorms. I need to finish some paperwork for school," said All Might.

I was about to say something, but I held it back and sadly nodded, leaving the Pro Hero's office and walking back to the dorms. A frown was on my freckled face as I walked to the large building.

...

The next day, I sat in the Common Area, looking out the window blankly. I couldn't sleep at all last night either, due to the fact that the villains were out and that there could be another villain hiding close in the city, helping villains escape jail.

"Deku, why are you staring at the window like that?" I heard Uraraka ask me, shaking my shoulder to get me to pay attention.

I shook my head out of space and turned to my brunette friend, "hmm?" I asked.

"I asked you why were you staring at the window," Uraraka restated.

"I have no idea why," I told her.

Uraraka sat down next to me, "you don't look good, Deku. Your under-eye bags are huge. Have you been sleeping?"

I rubbed my eyes and shook my head no. "There's been too much going on, and I learned some pretty crazy stuff yesterday."

"What kind of crazy stuff?"

"It would be better if I told the whole class what happened, can you go get them?"

Uraraka nodded, "you got it Deku!" My best friend then left the common area and went to get the whole class of 1-A. This was going to be pretty hard to tell the class that the villains have escaped, they're going to want to catch them by themselves.