Twenty Four

It's been a few days since I got back to my old apartment. My mom and I have been spending my break so far by watching funny and romantic Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate, baking, and playing board games. It's been really great to be back home.

I was sitting on the couch, on my phone. I was just scrolling through Instagram when I got a text, I checked the contact name and it was from Todoroki. 

Shoto Todoroki: Hey, Midoriya. Are you free right now? My father is home right now and my siblings aren't here, and I don't really want to be alone with my old man right now.

Izuku Midoriya: Yeah, I'm free. Should we meet up somewhere?

Izuku Midoriya: Like the cafe?

Shoto Todoroki: That sounds great.

Izuku Midoriya: Okay! I'll get ready and leave my apartment in 20 minutes.

Shoto Todoroki: Got it, I'll see you later.

Izuku Midoriya: See ya!

I got up from the couch and went to my bedroom to change my clothes. I was only wearing an old t-shirt and sweatpants. I put on a light green jacket with a white t-shirt and blue skinny jeans. I brushed my hair a little to make it look a little more presentable.

"Where are you heading off to?" My mom asked, standing in my doorway.

"I'm going to hang out with a friend, is that okay with you?" I asked her.

"Yes, it is. Who's the friend?"

"Um...Todoroki..." 

"Is it a date?!"

"N-No! We're just hanging out, like last time!"

My mother gave me a knowing smirk but nodded. "Okay, baby. Make sure to dress warm and come back at dinner."

"I will mom, don't worry!" I smiled and grabbed my stuff, then gave her a kiss on the cheek goodbye and left my apartment to go meet up with Todoroki.

...

After walking a not-so-long distance to get to the cafe, I found Todoroki waiting for me outside in the cold, the only winter clothing he was wearing was a light jacket, that was way too light to be warm in the weather. 

"Aren't you freezing?" I asked, heading up to him.

Todoroki shook his head, "No, the cold doesn't bother me that much." A/N: Okay, Queen Elsa. 

Even though I was concerned for Todoroki, I nodded anyway. "Okay, but can we go in now? I'm really cold out here."

"Yeah, come on." Todoroki opened the door for me and I thanked him. Both of us sat down at a booth and took off our winter apparel. I was so happy that the cafe had nice heating and that I wasn't a freezing popsicle anymore.

Soon, the waitress came over to our booth. "Welcome! Are you ready to order?" She asked, getting her notepad and pen ready to write down what we want.

"Yes, we are. I'll have a black coffee please," said Todoroki, handing the waitress his menu.

"I'll have a hot chocolate with a strawberry crepe, please," I told the waitress, giving her my menu as well. 

Our waitress wrote down our orders and smiled, "Alrighty! I'll be back soon!" And then she disappeared to the back of the cafe.

I got comfortable in my seat and looked over at Todoroki, folding my hands across the table. "Todoroki? Why did you want to leave your house so quickly? Did something happen?" I asked him. I felt a little worried when I got that text from him and wanted to know if he was okay.