Nine

Today was now Monday, and I was super excited because today is the day that class 1-A goes into the city to investigate different crime areas.

I walked into my homeroom and Mr. Aizawa made us sit down right away, "Okay class, listen up," our teacher said in his monotone voice, "Here is what is going to happen. You're going to change into you hero costumes, get on the bus, and I'll explain what we are going to do at the investigation site when you are all on the bus, understand?" The whole class nodded and understood what to do, "Alright, get into your costumes and get onto the bus," Mr. Aizawa says.

We all get up and go to change into our costumes. When I got into the girl's locker room and start to change, I noticed my costume was pretty baggy and didn't fit right. Yaoyorozu must have seen my problem because she asked me, "Do you need me to make a new costume for you, Midoriya?"

I looked at my friend and nodded, "Yes, thank you Yaoyorozu!" I say to her, and she made me a new costume that will now fit me. I got into the costume, it was just like the one I had before, only more skin tight, like Uraraka's.

All the girls left the locker room and headed onto the bus. Mr. Aizawa told us to sit next to our partners from the report, and I found Todoroki near the back of the bus. I walked down the aisle and sat next to the boy with the red and white hair.

"Morning, partner!" I smile at Todoroki.

"Good morning, Midoriya," Todoroki replies to me, giving me his small smile.

"So, are you excited about the mission?" I asked my partner with excitement.

Todoroki nodded, "Yeah, I guess. It will help us when we do other missions like this in the future," he tells me.

"I know right?! I'm also super excited because this is our first investigation! I wonder what will happen; maybe we'll capture some bad guys, or find a secret organization! The possibilities are endless but in reality, we may won't be able to find anything-"

"Midoriya, you're mumbling again," says Todoroki.

I shut my mouth and grew pink from embarrassment. I really hated it when I mumbled too much, it just made me seem even weirder than I really am. "I'm sorry," I say to Todoroki.

My partner looked at me with a questioning expression, "Why are you apologizing?"

"Well, lots of people get annoyed or angry when I mumble, they think I'm being rude, or that I'm really weird," I explain to the male sitting next to me, a slightly sad look appeared on my face.

"I don't think it's weird," Todoroki says.

"You don't?" I asked him.

Todoroki shook his head, "I don't because I kinda used to do the same thing," he tells me with an embarrassed face.

My jaw dropped somewhat, "You used to mumble?!"

"Not necessarily, I just used to talk a lot when I was younger, and I annoyed the hell out of my family," chuckled my partner.

I started laughing as well, imagining the silent Todoroki I know as a little kid running his mouth off, the image was extremely rare to picture. Soon, both of us stopped laughing when Mr. Aizawa told us to be quiet.

"When we get to the investigation site, you are going to be partnered into teams of four and will be assigned a specific location, some of the pro heroes are already there to help us if something goes wrong," said Mr. Aizawa.

"Will we still be with our partners from the project?" Ashido asked out teacher.

"Yes, two pairs of partners will be put together, anyone else has something to ask?" Mr. Aizawa asked. Everyone was completely silent, "Great, now leave me alone until we get there."

The bus started moving and everyone was chatting with one another, I was talking with Todoroki when I saw something that I never noticed before on Todoroki's neck, a burn mark. I grew very concerned about it and wanted some answers.

"Todoroki, where did that mark come from?"

My partner's eyes widened and he quickly tried to cover the mark, "What? I don't what you're talking about."

I gave him the okay-cut-the-crap look™ and said, "I wasn't born yesterday, I saw the burn mark on your neck."

Todoroki looked down, dropping his hand and the mark showed up again, "Fine, I activated my right side on accident and burned myself, okay?!"

"Todoroki!"

"Alright...it was my father," the boy next to me said quietly.

"When did this happen?" I asked him.

"The night I got home from the mall. My father and I got into the huge argument and he got pretty mad and slapped me on the neck with his quirk," Todoroki explained to me.

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Yeah, I know Endeavor is a piece of trash, but to use his quirk on his son is terrible. "Why didn't you call or text me when this happened?" I asked.

Todoroki looked at me, "I didn't know I could talk to you about things like this."

"Let's make a promise with each other," I started to tell him, "the next anything happens that you need help with, contact or come to me, okay?" I said and held out my pinky for a pinky promise.

Todoroki looked at me and smiled, and he latched his pinky onto mine, "Okay, promise."

...

The bus had finally arrived and we all got off. We were in the city, but in the part where no one really went to. The pro heroes, All Might, 13, Present Mic, and our homeroom teacher stood in front of us.

"Everyone quiet down, I'll be saying who is going to be in a group with each other now," Mr. Aizawa said. "Ashido and Uraraka, you are with Iida and Ojiro. Sero and Kaminari, you are with Jiro and Yaoyorozu. Koda and Sato, you are with Aoyama and Mineta. Kirishima and Bakugo, you are with Shoji and Hagakure. Asui and Tokoyami, you are with Midoriya and Todoroki."

I smiled, I get to work with Asui! I thought happily as Todoroki and I walked over to our new partners. "Hi, guys!" I waved at Tokoyami and Asui.

"Hey, Midoriya!" Asui replied.

"I'm glad we're working with you two and not some of the idiots in our class," Tokoyami says.

Todoroki nods, "I agree."

While my group was talking with each other, one of the heroes, 13, walked over to us and gave us a slip of paper, "This is your investigation location, have fun, everyone!"

"Thanks 13!" I tell the pro hero and we all looked at the sheet of paper.

"It looks like our location is at Forty-Fouth and Fifth street," Asui observed.

Forty-Fouth and Fifth street?

Why does that sound familiar?

...

You must very much hate me for the cliffhanger, and I am not sorry for it. Suspense makes the story more interesting, but it also makes the readers dislike me.

I just wanna say, this story has been out for barely a month and it's already at 1.5k reads?! What the actual hell? Thank you so much for your support, It still shocks me we made it this far in such little time!

I'm just so happy to have amazing readers and followers like you guys, again Thank You! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! :)

~Star