CHAPTER 10

Kendra sighed and rolled her eyes when the smiling face poked into her office and the rest of the body followed. How could she have been so stupid to think that her friend wasn't stubborn enough to hunt her down even after that blunt rejection earlier this morning?

       A voice told her to leave early but as stubborn as she is, she had somehow looked around and found a reason to stay behind.
Now, Aliyah was sitting in her office, smiling.

"I thought I told you no, Aliyah."

Aliyah shrugged. "You can't say no to me and you know it. So up with you."

"I really don't want to..."
A knock on the door interrupted her and she paused.
"Come in."

      The dark and beautiful face of her assistant, Bernice smiled into the room. The lady was thirty two years old and a single mother who had it rough through life because she was schooling and also pregnant and now had ruled off her mind to ever be in a relationship again. Bernice had a three year old daughter named Nina.
"Oh, hello Aliyah."
Bernice smiled.

Aliyah smiled as well.
"Hey, love."
Aliyah greeted.

"Um...Kendra you have a customer. Or a guest...I don't know."

Kendra frowned. Bernice usually called her by her name but it didn't bring any disrespect as to who's the boss around here.
"A customer? You girls handle it. I'm busy."

"It would have been easy but they requested to have you attend to them instead."

Kendra sighed in confusion. "Who is that?"
She said, making her way to the door as Bernice stepped aside for her, with Aliyah following behind.

    Kendra stopped on her tracks when she saw the smiling face of Alex, sitting in one of the sofas with another lady beside him, looking through the magazine and smiling at something one of her employees was saying. With the way the lady was grinning, anyone would think he was flirting with her.

Flirting!

Kendra folded her arms and cleared her throat to illustrate her presence. The smiling employee of hers by the name Wonuola looked up and scrambled off.

Alex looked up and grinned.

"Alex?"
Aliyah said in surprise. "What are you doing here?"
She asked looking from Kendra to Alex.

    Kendra, who was still glaring at Alex was oblivious of the stares her friend passed her.

"Hey, Aliyah. Hello, Kendra."
He greeted and the lady beside him smiled and hooked her hand with his while he jammed his hands into his pants pocket, still grinning.

Kendra couldn't help but let her eyes stray down to the hands hooked with his.

"Is she the one? She looks like a model."
The lady beside him said and it was obvious she was referring to Kendra.

Yeah.
Its no news that people thought of her as a model. But she had never thought of modelling in her life.

Then the lady turned to Aliyah.
"Oh. Hey, Aliyah."

"Hello, bed bug."
Aliyah said, rolling her eyes.

The girl looked to be in her early twenties.
She frowned. "Why do you keep calling me that?"

Aliyah shrugged. "Ask your brother. He calls you that."

Kendra rolled her eyes and fought the urge to ask Aliyah who was the real bed bug here considering how the lady still came to her office after she bluntly told her no.
"What are you doing here?"
Kendra asked him.