CHAPTER 5

Kendra stared at him. At this point the cat really got her tongue. How could she possibly plead with someone she had been so rude to just yesterday?

    And the guy looked at her with amusement. He must be finding this funny.

   She knew that if anyone smashes her headlights like that, she would be hitting the air in anger.

      He put his hands in his pockets and stared down at the broken lights.

Damn. That looks really bad.
She looked form the brake lights to the man again. She didn't even know his name.

No. The right word was that she didn't remember his name.

  Connor had beaten the memory off her head.
"Oh, my God."
She started and he looked up at her like she was ridiculous. Actually that was the most ridiculous way to start an apology.

"Have something to say about this?"
He said.

    Kendra was suddenly ignoring his question and was checking him out.

    And boy, he looked divine!
His arms were strong and obviously the arms of someone who loves to work out a lot. The tight shirt he had on, gave his upper body the perfect shape that could kill any woman.

Maybe he can kill you faster than Connor.
Her subconscious mind said. She brushed it off and looked at him.

Oh my God! Connor!
Kendra looked around nervously, hoping that her husband wasn't somewhere around, watching. The man was a devil, it was difficult to avoid him. He pops out at the odd minutes.

"Are you looking for a mechanic?"
The man said to her and her head snapped back to him.
"Because if you are then, I'll understand."

"I'm... I'm really sorry for this. How much is it? I'll pay you whatever amount it will cost."

"Wow."
He said and scoffed. "Its amazing how you jump to pay for everything and yet you can't buy yourself a manner of approach."

Kendra paused.
Okay that was downright rude!
"Excuse me?"

"No, I can't give you that."
He said, shaking his head. He folded his arms. His shirt sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and it was really easy to notice how strong his arms were. Her eyes strayed to his chest where she noticed three of his buttons were open and a gold chain rested there.
This man is hot...

Focus Kendra. You're married!

"You know, it's funny how you ask to be forgiven after that awful way you spoke to me yesterday. I still don't know which one you're apologizing for. Is it about yesterday or the brake lights?"

"Listen, Mister..."

"Alex."
He cut in.

"Fine. Mr.Alex. I'm really late right now and I need to be at work. I already apologized for this and I'm willing to pay for the damages."

"You think I wasn't going to work when you bumped into me?"

"And I apologized."

"Well, I'm not taking that."
Her jaw dropped.

"Aren't you being unreasonable, Mr. Alex?"

"Define unreasonable. Its a shocker how your husband puts up with you sometimes."

Kendra balled her fist.
"I won't stand here and let you insult me while I'm apologizing."
Was this man trying to get her in trouble? She looked around for any car pulling over or anyone at the side of the road apart from them.

He scoffed.
"Are you looking out to see if someone is watching? I guess standing here like this is beneath you."

"Are you done being an ass?"

"Oh, she can curse too. That's lovely. You're full of surprises."

Kendra didn't have time for that.
"What do I do to make it up to you?"

"Give me your number."
He said and shrugged.

    Kendra stared at him.
"Are you being serious?"

"I don't need money. I need your number."

"Listen, Mr. Alex. I'm married and can't give you my number."

He chuckled. "I'm not getting married to you, Missy. Unless you want us to stay here all day. We can do that. I don't mind."

"Unlike people like you, I am a very busy woman and you're delaying me."

"Okay. We can stay here all day then."
Kendra looked around again.
"If you want to annoy me this morning..."

"I'm the only one who should be talking about being annoyed right now. You literally broke my brake lights."

Kendra sighed, closing her eyes and praying that the gods of thunder would strike with right now while he grinned at her like a fool. Obviously, he knew she was defeated. She couldn't stand here talking to him, else Connor could see them. If he hadn't already seen her right now.

"Is that all you want?"
She asked.

He shrugged.
"I could ask you for the pay to get this repaired but I'm not greedy."
He said and grinned.

She rolled her eyes and asked for his phone.

He gladly gave it to her and she typed in her number.

She watched in amusement how he dialed the number and her cellphone in her hand started ringing. She turned and walked straight to her car. And gave him another glance as he stood there watching her.