24

Twenty-Four

         Kendra and Alex were becoming very inseparable and she actually loved it. She had been to his house on daily basis and they had spent time together. She won’t deny that she was beginning to like him more than she bargained for.

         After that night at his house, they had simply sat and talked all night and then fell asleep. It was crazy, because she woke up in his arms, in his bed and he didn't go more than kissing her! She still wanted to be with Alex. He is a good man. And she had almost giving him her body last night had he not stopped her. But she was still married to Connor.

        Just because he didn't want her to attract shame to herself and have people tag her as a slut. That's the reason he refused to sleep with her.

         Kendra smiled even when she put the things she bought in the car the next day. No need to hide from Connor anymore since he already knew where she lives and has been coming since that day. He either came with one gift or the other or he simply came with a bouquet of flowers. She stopped when she saw Zara come out of her car and walk passed her. "Zara." Kendra called and the lady stopped walking and turned to her. Zara didn't look too pleased to see her and she was confused. She never had any fight with her.

"Hey. Um . . . How are you?"

Zara's eyebrows shot up. "How am I? Did anyone tell you that I was half dead?"

Kendra sighed. "Zara, stop being impossible, I was only trying to be nice."

"Good. Keep trying. Because it is not working." Zara made to leave but she stopped her.

"Zara, wait. Why are you acting like this? You and I never fought."

"Really? You know I'm not surprised you are friends with Aliyah. That two faced bitch can put up with you and vice versa."

"Is this about Alex–”

"Yes, it is about Alex. I thought you are still married, Kendra? Why are you running after another man?"

“Zara, I am mot–”

“Go back to your husband, Kendra. He is your husband for a reason. And that’s why I told him where to find you. Because you are taking Alex away from me.”

Kendra was taken aback. She stared at Zara. It was news to her that Zara felt this way for Alex and he didn’t know about it. “You really shouldn’t assume that you are in a relationship, Zara. It’s very toxic. Especially if the other person doesn’t know.”

Zara hissed. “It is because of people like you that Alex doesn’t see the one standing in front of him.”

Kendra sighed. “I didn’t do anything, Zara.”

"Right. You shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself because this is who you are. A two faced slut! You knew I was into Alex and you wanted him for yourself. How do you and your best friend even look at yourselves sometimes? The first person sleeps with him and the next and then you both meet up and get along perfectly?"

Kendra was confused. "Wait, What? What are you talking about?"

"Oh, please. I believed that innocent face and that was when I was still being played the fool. Right now, I don't care anymore. I can't talk to you, Kendra. You disgust me."

"Zara, wait. What are you talking about? What happened to Aliyah?"

"Why don't you know what happened? It's the both of you who are clearly married who still sleep with the same man, isn't it?"