TDH ~ 13

TDH ~ XIII

***

Cleopatra

The island is beautiful at day time. But it's more breathtaking at night especially during sunsets. Those are my calming peaceful thoughts as I sat in the white fine sand of the island.

I can't help but smile as I saw the tourists and mostly families who are swimming at the sea while the sun is about to leave the horizon.

Pastel orange and almost flaming red mixed with indigo painted the endless sky. Even when the sun is about to say goodbye, it's still living its mark.

Locals here are lucky to witness this as their everyday view.

Muling naagaw ng tingin ko ang mga batang naghahagikhikan sa may dagat. They keep on splashing each other with saltwater. It's entertaining to watch.

How I miss being a kid.. When I grew up, that's when I realized that being a kid was the happiest part of my life. Where I am most loved and cared by my parents. Where my needs is the most important thing for them. Where my tantrums are my ways to get what I want. It is where I can get the attention of my parents. But now that I grew older, they both thought that I could live without them anymore. That calls or texts are enough as our communication.

Yes, I was the one who chose to live on my own. But it's because even if I stayed in the mansion, my only companion will be our memories as a complete family, when we were both happy and satisfied with our life. And it saddens me more each and everyday. So I choose to leave. My father was hurting and so was I. We both can't handle our own pain and we didn't handle it together either. We handled it both selfishly.

"There you are.. I've been looking for you." A cold voice scampered my lonely thoughts.

I didn't raised my head though from hiding it in my knees. I am comfortable with my position.

I could stay like this forever, watching the sun sets, and maybe the moon and stars after. At least they wouldn't leave me. They are constant in this universe. At least, that's what i know. But maybe the geniuses in sciences out there have something else to say.

I heard the shuffling of the sand. Ibinaling ko ang mga mata ko sa kanya ngunit nanatili ang posisyon ko. Siguro normal ko na talagang reaksyon na bigyan siya ng atensyon kapag nasa malapit o tabi ko siya. Parang automatic na iyon sa sarili ko. It's like a habit and it really dies hard.

I was taken aback when I met his eyes. I can almost trace his silhouette due to the setting of the sun. His shadow is just as perfect as him. His image became dramatically beautiful right now with the sea and the sunset as his background. He's marvelous than ever and I am out of breath.

Parati na lang yatang akong sasampalin araw-araw ng katotohanang hindi ko siya makakalimutan kailanman. Na wala na akong magagawa pa sa damdamin kong ito para sa kanya.

This is the reason why I don't wanna see him. I hate reminding myself how much I like seeing him, how much I yearn for an affection he could never give me.

Am I the one at fault here? It seems like I am the one torturing myself. Noon pa man ay hindi na niya ako binigyan ng motibo. Noon pa man ay wala na siyang reaksyon sa nararamdaman ko. Maybe I am really the problem here or my heart who's badly beating loudly right now.

"Why would you look for me?" Matagal ko bago naitanong iyon.

I was lost for a moment with my thoughts. Or maybe I should say, I am frequently lost in it.

This view right here in front of us just makes me more emotional. I feel like we are part of a beautiful painting..

If only Bonnie was here, baka may stolen photos na kami. Siguro ay dapat tigilan ko na ang pagtakas sa kanya. He was a big help with me.