TDH ~ 8

TDH ~ VIII

***

Cleopatra

"She's one of the suspects? What?" I was frowning as I read all the information Dad has showed me.

I can't seem to fathom how it happened. And it doesn't make sense to me at all.

Matapos ang nangyari kagabi ay hindi ako agad nakatulog. I didn't think I would be that afraid to see Odyssey's life at stake.

I've been joking about killing him myself but that very moment, it striked me with the thought that I am so scared to loose him. That I dont want him to be in danger at all. That I want him to be safe. That it's okay if I'm hurting by always seeing him, as long as he's alive. As long as he's breathing eventhough he will remain the cold stone he is.

I stayed the whole night thinking about what happened. I even followed his car to his home just to make sure nothing happened to him.

"Natasha Revalos. She was diagnosed with psychological disorder at the age of eighteen. She was sent in a mental facility in that age."

Lalong kumunot ang noo ko sa nalaman. I am fidgeting and I can't just sit down. I was biting my fingernails due to my uneasiness.

"And? What's that got to do with Odyssey?"

"She was obssessed with him. And she's been following him like a stalker, sending flowers, letters, gifts."

I frowned more. "And? Every girl who liked Odyssey do that."

Kahit nga ako!

Dad sighed heavily.

"But with threats in it?"

Iyon nga lang, hindi naman ako nagbabanta sa kanya. Kahit paulit-ulit na niya akong binasted noon.

Napatayo ako at naglakad ng pabalik balik. I am thinking hard right now.

"The accident? Have you found out who did it?"

Umiling siya. I heaved a sigh.

"If she's the one doing this, you should have caught her already. Pero wala kayong makitang ebidensiya na siya ang gumawa ng aksidente ni Odyssey. So maybe there are still other people involved here. How about his competitors in the business industry?"

"We've collected some informations. Read it in your email." He eyed me.

Tumango ako. Napahilot ako sa sentido ko.

This is why I prefer traveling than doing this.

"At what age did she started stalking Odyssey?" I asked dad while staring directly at him.

I don't even care if he can see the worry in my face. Total, noon pa naman niya alam ang damdamin ko kay Odyssey. It's not even a sceret to my family and my close friends.

I am an open book. I am not good in hiding my emotions.

"Cleo, don't you remember her? You were of the same age. You know her when you were little."

"Huh? That's impossible! I can't remember anyone looking like her in my childhood!"

And I am not a forgetful person at that!

Dad sighed again and slumped in his swivel chair. Must be a hard day for him too. I know he's worried of what happened last night.

I ran swiftly in Odyssey's direction as I saw the red light in his chest. My adrenaline is rushing and my heart's beating like a maniac.