Chapter 31: Calm.

Neymar's POV

"Neymar..." I looked up as Leo approached me. I just changed. Practice had ended and I was hurrying to not let Taléia wait to long. "Leo?" I said questioningly. "What's up?"

"Don't even try to hide it that you're feeling terrible. We can see that you know." I blinked a few times as he said that and frowned then. "I'm not hiding anything." I said. He shook lightly his head.

"Taléia seems really nice but if she is going to make you feel even worse ... it'd be better if she'd go back to London." Leo definitely knew me to well. "She's not making me feel worse." I lied and he rolled his eyes. He didn't believe me.

"If you say so..." I grimaced lightly because of his words. Why did I lie to him? Guess I lovelier lied about how I actually was feeling instead of making my friends worry about me but well... that was stupid because they were already worried. "I just need time." I said and he sighed.

"Take your time Ney... but you have to talk to us okay?" I just nodded lightly as he said that.

Together with him, Dani and Marc I left the locker room and went to the parking lot. Taléia would be waiting at Dani's car, that's what she wrote me. She was standing there, drifted away with her thoughts I could tell - at least she seemed to be absent. Marc couldn't resist.

"Buh!" She winced as Marc whispered that into her ear.

"God, Marc! Don't sneak up to me like that!" She hit him playfully and if I'd be in a good mood I would've laughed about it like Leo and Dani did but I didn't.

"I'm sorry... you were kind of lost in thoughts and I couldn't hold back." Marc said and shrugged.

"That's typical for him." I said and I could see the confusion in Taléia's eyes for a moment - guess she hadn't realize that we had approached her.

Leo and Marc said good bye while I took Taléia's suitcase out of Dani's car. We'd met them later - in my house or maybe in the restaurant. It'd depend on what Taléia wanted.

We said bye to Dani too and went to my car. After I put her suitcase in my car, I climbed into the drivers' seat and drove off. I didn't know what to say so I kept silent. I didn't want her to ask me about Lucía and I was scared of that she would if she'd realize that I would answer her....

"Ney?"  She said after quite a while and I shortly looked over to her, but focused right back on the street. "Are you going to ignore me or what?" She said which caused me to sigh. Of course she was thinking that. I barely talked to her since she had arrived here.

"I'm not ignoring you." I managed to say.

"Ofc not... you're just not talking really to me." I didn't know what to reply to that. "I feel like you don't want me here." I gulped. "Tal..." I started but didn't know how to continue. She was right kind of. How could I be happy about her being here, while she made me remember things which were hurting me at the moment? 

"I thought we're friends Neymar... but I guess if it is such a burden for you having me around I better take a hotel." I could feel her gaze on me. I sighed deeply.

"We are friends and no you're not going to take a hotel... it's just..." I tried to explain to her but didn't know how.

"Just what?" She asked.

"When I look at you I think of Lucía and I don't want to think at her." I said honest. She wanted to know and she had the right to know.

"She loves you Ney." I took a deep breath as she said those words.

"I don't care." I lied. Of course I cared but it was over. It didn't change anything if she loved me or not. She might want to be with me now but the moment her father would say something again; she'd give up on us again. Yes, I had been going to apologize to her for my behaviour but she had been gone. Maybe I would've wanted to be back together with her but I had changed my mind now. I loved her. I really did but there wasn't really a chance for us. Lucía and my relationship had already started with quite the drama and it'd probably cause even more. For now, it probably was the best that she was in London and I was here.