Chapter 21: London

It was quite early as my flight landed in London. Gladly it didn't take long until I had my suitcase. I had called Taléia, to ask her if she could tell me Lucía's address - I wanted to surprise her. I went out of the airport and took a taxi into the town. I wasn't going to take the train into the city; after all I wanted to go straight to the hotel I had booked. Yes; I was going to stay in a hotel. I couldn't just show up with a suitcase in front of Lucía's apartment.

After I had checked in and changed myself in the hotel room; I left. I couldn't wait to see Lucía again. At least I was hoping she was at home; it was quite late - it could be that she was out for dinner.

The last weeks without her had been weird. I had thought about the words of her father; I hadn't tell her that he had visited me, I wasn't sure about how she'd react but what if he had tell her? What if she will listen to him? Some thoughts had kept me awake at night. I didn't want to loose her after we just kind of got to be together.

Lucía was all I wanted. I just hoped she knew...

I hadn't spoken to her already for few days now, actually since I had left Brazil to go back to Barcelona. I was busy - got a lot of appointments and she was busy with her internship.

The taxi, I had taken in front of the hotel, stopped in front of the building her apartment was. After I paid, I climbed out and went to the door. I didn't ring but went to the stairs to go up. Taléia had told me where exactly Lucía's apartment was. I didn't care why she was living here or why she was sharing the flat, while her parents were kind of rich so she could have her own apartment. I guess Lucía wanted to live with her friends rather than alone.

I rand the bell as I arrived in front of the door and waited that someone would open it. A red haired girl opened and stared at me confused. "I guess I must be high or why else should I hallucinating that Neymar Jr. is standing in front of me." She said and I chuckled. That was quite a reaction to my appearance. "You're not hallucinating ...I am really standing in front of you and I'm looking for Lucía." She blinked a few times and turned around to look inside. I couldn't see anyone in the apartment behind her. "Well... she isn't' here at the moment so... you can wait inside of her if you want?" She suggested while looking back at me. "If I don't disturb you..." I started and she interrupted. "It's not like you could disturb anyone." She said and dragged me already in. I wondered if Lucía had told her friends about us. It didn't seem like that.

I sat down on the couch and she sat down on the opposite side of me - starring at me. I slightly smiled, feeling uncomfortable around her. "Can I ask you something?" She started and I nodded. "Sure. Go ahead." I replied and looked at her, after I looked shortly around. It was a nice apartment.

"How did it feel for you seeing your team getting kind of slaughtered by Germany?" I expected everything but not that question. I raised an eyebrow and looked at her confused. "It wasn't ..." I started but she didn't let me finish. "Were you happy? I mean everyone was saying Brazil is nothing without you and...well... Germany proved it. Brazil screwed up badly."

"Why should I be happy about it? Everyone in that team is like a brother for me." I protested and looked at her kind of shocked as she rolled your eyes. "Ah come one Neymar... you can be honest with me ... I'm not going to tell anyone ... I promise. I'm sure you felt kind of ... I need a matching word... did you felt kind of confirmed? I mean... they didn't just lost without you... they acted like little babies who never heard anything from football."

Was she serious? Disbelieving I starred at her. "I'm not going to comment that." I stated and looked away from her. If she thought I would continue talking to her ... then she definitely thought wrong.

"Why not? Did I hit a sore point?" I heard her asking but looked further away from her. "Do you think the new coach of Brazil will let you play like you did before? Scolari loved you didn't he? I guess the new one will kick your ass... and the asses of the rest of the team."

I looked back at her, and I couldn't hide that she was annoying me - making me angry with her words. How could she talk about the guys like that, how could she talk about them like she'd know them? She knew nothing. "And is it true?" I took a deep breath before I asked what she meant with that. "What?" I asked harsher than I wanted but her words had upset me.

"That your injury was just a fake?" With open mouth I starred at her. Did she just really ask me if my injury was a fake? "I mean it would make sense... they probably realized that Brazil has no chance to win against Germany so it was better to take away the 'Superstar' to let it look less 'worse'. But they failed anyway... Brazil got humiliated." I pressed my lips on each other to focus myself; I couldn't let her make me angry like that. She was probably just asking things she has read and she definitely wasn't a fan of me. "No comment again Neymar?" She asked and she sounded slowly annoyed. Just as I opened my mouth I heard the front door opening and Lucía's voice.

I tensed up as I heard what she said. "The pleasure was all mine Andrew." She had been on a date? I stood up and didn't care about the strange look that redhead gave me. "We should do this again. Your father was right... don't you think? It was really nice spending time with you." I heard the guy replying to Lucía's words and gulped. She had gone out with that guy because of her father? I went over to the door, Lucía hadn't seen me yet. I placed myself right next to her so I could see to whom she was talking - quite a business man. "Neymar." I heard Lucía's surprised voice but didn't look at her. "Neymar Jr." That guy looked at me with big eyes. "I'm a huge fan." He said and a smile formed on his lips as he held out his hand, wanting me to take it - in his dreams. "Could you step aside?" I said harshly and he did take a step back as he heard the tone in my voice. I went past him. "Neymar... it's not how it looks like." I heard Lucía shouting after me as I started to walk downstairs. I didn't respond. I was angry.

First that 'friend' of hers that had annoyed me with her questions and now she had gone out with some kind of weird guy her father had introduced to her? What the hell was she thinking what I was supposed to think about that? I needed fresh air and I didn't care that I was in London and had no clue how to get back to my hotel. Right now I just needed to walk... London had quite some parks... I would find one somehow.