Chapteer 27: Lucía.

Neymar’s POV

I just let her stand there. I couldn’t talk to her and her sad look was still in my mind as I was sitting now with the guys in a restaurant. I wasn’t really paying attention what they were talking about.

I had seen Leo arriving behind her so I just closed the door behind me and went past her with the words ‘I don’t have time for this right now’.

Why was I feeling bad about that?

“Maybe because she travelled all the way from London right in front to your door and you just let her stand there?” I thought to myself and sighed softly.

“Is everything okay?” I heard Leo say and turned around to look at him. He had seen Lucía but he hadn’t say anything to it yet. He didn’t really know her so he didn’t know what actually had happen between me and her. I hadn’t told him everything yet. He knew about a woman I met in Brazil; of course he did it wasn’t like people didn’t see me and Lucía but he thankfully let me decide on my own telling him what exactly had happen. He didn’t push me even if I knew he was curious to find out.

I slightly bit my bottom lip before I decided to tell him. After all I kept it for myself long enough. “You saw the woman in front of my door as you picked me up?” I asked and he nodded lightly.

“That was Lucía.” I said and he seemed to understand.

“I guess she’s the reason why you’re in such a bad mood the last weeks.” He more noted than asked but I nodded anyway. “I thought everything went well in London?”

I grimaced lightly. “I thought so too but seemed like I misunderstood something… or maybe she just didn’t love me as much as she was always pretending.” I took a sip of my beer and saw how Leo shook his head. “She was in front of your door dude. I’m sure she loves you.”

“You haven’t spoken one word to her and yet you defend her.” I said slightly annoyed.

“I’m not defending her. I’m just saying what I think of that what I’ve seen. What happen in London exactly huh?” He replied to my words.

“I told you about the dinner at her parents’ house?” I waited shortly and as he nodded I continued. “I didn’t tell you that her father is everything else than happy about his daughter being with me. A football player.” Leo looked at me surprised but waited. Guess he realized that there was more to come. “Lucía told him she would love me and she wouldn’t care about the fact that he didn’t like our relationship but at the end… she broke up with me on the phone as I was back in Barcelona.” I ended and I could see that Leo was kind of shocked I guess.

“She broke up with you on the phone?” I closed my eyes and nodded.

“She said she couldn’t take it … the anger or whatever… of her father.” I mumbled.

“And you just gave up?” I opened my eyes and looked at him surprised. I hadn’t expect such words from him. “She gave up not me.” I defended myself and he shook his head.

“She said she can’t handle it… you let her go… kind of.”

“She lives in London Leo. I couldn’t just jump into the next airplane and fly over to make her change her mind!” I said slowly upset.

“Indeed she does but right now she’s in Barcelona isn’t she? You let her stand there at your door. I’m sure she wanted to talk to you. You should’ve talked to her.”

“On which side are you goddamn?! You’re my friend not hers!” I said upset now.

“I’m on your side Ney. I’m always on your side but when I realize you’re acting wrong then I’m going to tell you what you have to do. I want the happy Neymar back. The sad and fast annoyed Neymar is quite difficult to handle. She made you happy. Maybe I’ve never met her but the way you talked about her made me realize how much you love her… and the fact that she’s here in Barcelona shows me that she loves you too. Or why else would she be here?”

I wasn’t sure what to reply to his words so I said nothing – probably because I realized how much truth there were in his words.

Gladly Marc interrupted us so we couldn’t talk further about it. We ate something here and afterwards we decided to go to a near club.

First as we were sitting there, I realized that my phone was gone. I frowned. I wanted to write a message to Carolina and ask her how Davi was but well, guess I forgot my phone at home – which was weird because I thought I had taken it with me but I hadn’t used it yet tho.

The guys were having fun and I made it not to think of Lucía for a while, even if I could feel Leo’s gaze on me. I knew even without him saying it that he wanted me to talk to Lucía; probably go out looking for her but I wasn’t in the mood. It was difficult enough for me to understand that she actually was here and not in London anymore. That she probably wanted to talk but did I really want to hear what she wanted to say? I wasn’t sure about that. She broke my heart with one phone call. I just felt at the moment that I was better off without her. Less heart pain.

I had gone to the toilet and was making myself now on the way back to the lounge the guys were sitting. It was way more difficult as expected. Not just the fact that there were loads of people around here but also the fact that some of them recognized me as Neymar Jr. made it quite a task walking past them.

I managed to walk into someone as someone pushed me lightly. I reacted fast so the both of us didn’t fell on the ground. I let go of her and froze literally as I saw who was standing in front of me. “What are you doing here?” I almost snapped at her and Lucía sighed.

“I want to talk to you Ney.” She said, not replying to my question

“Maybe I don’t want to talk to you.” I said and wanted to go past her but she grabbed my wrist. “Please, just listen okay?” I turned around to look back at her.

I hated myself for the fact that I started to feel bad because she was looking sadly at me. Her sad eyes made me sad too. “How did you find me here?” I asked, not caring about her previous words.

“Lionel wrote me.” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Guess I knew where my phone went to. “He said he would be convinced that you’d want to talk to me.” She continued talking and I opened my eyes.

“I’d say… he thought wrong.” I freed myself from her and turned around to leave the club. I wasn’t going to spend more time in here while she was here – not to mention that I was pissed off that Leo had written her.

Why did other people always think they knew better what I want than myself?

Couldn’t they just stop trying to involve themselves into my life somehow?

I was angry at Leo.

I was angry at Lucía.

But mostly I was angry at myself.

I knew that Leo was right.

I wanted to talk to her.

But I needed my time.

I needed to have the chance to decide when I want to talk to her.

I’d say I had every right for that.