Chapter 19: I love you.

Would you say I overreacted? Maybe I did. Maybe I was interpreting wrong... but what would you think when you would be in my position?

I woke up the next morning and felt awful. I had left the hotel after my 'dispute' with Lucía and went into a bar. I had luck that the people were distracted with the upcoming World Cup final so none of them paid attention to me. I could remember that I watched the match and that I was everything else than happy that Germany won; I would have lovelier seen Messi win this with Argentina; even if I shouldn't be for Argentina as Brazilian.

Who cares?

But I couldn't remember what happen after the macth... I knew I had drunk a bit 'to much' and I could feel it. My head was hurting but not that worse. I guess I hadn't overreacted with drinking. 

I sat up and first now realized that someone was lying next to me. I closed my eyes as I saw who it was. I was sure we didn't have sex but the fact she was lying next to me, made it clear how I made it back to the hotel. But how did she find me? I stood up from the bed and while making myself on the way to the bathroom, I looked down. I was just in my boxers. I put a hand on the splint and sighed. Could this injury not just disappear? 

I walked straight into something and cursed loudly. First now I realized I wasn't in my own room. Perfect. I looked at the suitcase, I happen to walk into. "Neymar." I heard her sleepy voice and looked over to her. She blinked a few times to get rid of the tiredness. I hated myself for even thinking that she looked even sleepy incredibly beautiful and I had to fight with myself not to go over to her. I was still angry at her. How could she even think of leaving without saying anything? 

I didn't say anything and continued my way to the bathroom. She stood up and followed me but I closed the door before she could enter. A bit privacy she could give me. 

After I went to the toilet, I was standing by the sink and looked in the mirror. A knock on the door made me look away from it. "Neymar please... let me explain." I heard her saying and sighed. "I don't think you need to explain anything... shouldn't you be gone already?" I shouted through the door. She'd understand my words. 

"I couldn't leave... with you thinking that way about me." She said, and her voice got louder to the end. I went to the door and unlocked it. 

I opened the door and looked at her. "I don't want you to think I wouldn't care about you." She added and looked at me. "I was ... overreacting okay? I mean... after Oscar told me what Taléia said... I kind of panicked because she didn't tell me anything... something must have happen... something must have missed because..."

"Because you were with me?" I ended her sentence and she closed her eyes. "Because of my father. Not because of you." She corrected me.

"My father isn't the biggest fan of you." She said and turned around. Leaving me standing in the door-opening. I looked after her confused. "What?" 

She sat down on the bed and looked at me. "He has seen pictures in the newspapers from you and me." She grimaced. "And ..."

"And he has a problem with you being with me?" I asked frowning.

She slightly nodded. "He doesn't want his daughter to be with a football player." I pressed my lips slightly on each other as I heard her words. "You knew from the beginning he would have a problem with it or?" I asked and she nodded. "That's why you kept distance all the time?" 

"I didn't want ... I didn't plan to start anything with you... because I knew it can't work..." Tears came into her eyes and she looked down. "You were right as you thought that I would use it as advantage that Taléia left... running away seemed easier than telling you the truth." She ended and I didn't really know what to say.

"It's on you to decide with whom you want to be with and not on your father." I wasn't really understanding that her father really thought about making her any kind of rules. It's not like you can decide in who you fall in love with and whom not. 

"You don't understand." She said and sighed. "Him and me... we never actually had a great bond... he hates the fact that I want to be a reporter instead of a lawyer like he is..." 

"So you don't want to disappoint him in being with a football player? What makes him decide that I wouldn't be enough for his daugher?" I couldn't prevent to get bit louder. "I guess it'd be something different if I'd be a lawyer or? Anything would be better than a guy who runs after a ball? Am I understanding that correctly? Because I don't think that money is the problem. It's not like I wouldn't have enough of it." 

"My father isn't a fan of football." She mumbled and I looked at her surprised. "And that gives him the right to judge about us football players or what?" 

"It's complicated." She said to my words and I grimaced. "Of course... it's always complicated... but when you can't be with me... why are you still here? Wouldn't it be better if you would've left yesterday as you planned? Why are you telling me this?" 

"Because I love you!" She shouted and was holding the tears back. Her words made me spechless. I starred at her with open mouth. Did she just really say that? It wasn't like I didn't have realize that she feels something for me, but none of us had said those words until today. 

I brought the distance between us, and cupped her face, pushing her backwards to lie on the bed. Maybe not the best action, when you think of my injured back but it wasn't like I made a harsh movement with my back. I put my lips on hers and kissed her. 

I felt her hands on my cheeks, just before she pushed me lightly away from her. "Ney-" 

"I love you too." I said and now it was her turn to stare at me with open mouth. I was lying on top of her and she probably wanted me to stop kissing her before I said those words. After all, we were arguing a few seconds ago. 

A happy smile formed on her lips and she pulled me back to her, to connect our lips again.