Chapter 17: Between Desire and Responsibility

Later I ended up sitting alone in my room, watching TV. I had spoken to the doctor, afterwards with Scolari, who clearly wouldn't be the coach for the Brazilian national team anymore, I was everything else than happy about that. Who know who'd be the next coach? The time went by faster than I really did realize.

The team had gone out. I refused I wasn't really in the mood to go into a club, sitting around and not being able to dance. I wasn't allowed to make to 'large' movements. Lucía wasn't back yet, so I guessed she was still with her father.

After a while I decided to check what was going on on Twitter. Probably I was too curious but I wanted to see, what people were talking about me; about the team.

I grimaced as I saw some ...let's say 'unfriendly' tweets against me and my team. What the hell was wrong with those people? I rolled my eyes, I wasn't going to take it personal, none of them knows me or anyone else of the team... so who gives them the right to judge about us?

I stood up from my bed and decided to go out for a walk. A bit fresh air would help me to clear my mind and after all I was still in Brasília. I should enjoy it at least a bit.

Our hotel wasn't in the centre but I didn't have a problem with that. I wasn't in the mood to pass by any kind of fan or hater. I love my country, my nationality but some of 'our fans' were a little bit too obsessive... and they booed us out. Yes us. I wasn't able to play but they booed my team out that means they booed me out.

Few times later I had sat down on a bench in front of the hotel.

I drifted a bit away with my thoughts, while sitting out here. I had no idea what time it was actually, only that it was dark, it was night so of course it was dark, but it wasn't bothering me. I wasn't tired.

I remembered the day I had met Taléia the first time. She had been talking with Thiago, which had been the first of us talking to her. Of course Scolari wanted the captain to introduce her to the team. I had seen that she was nervous about meeting us all. So I tried to make it as comfortable for her as possible. Just like Thiago tried. And we all, managed to let her 'into' our hearts. I wasn't sure today, if I had really been in love with her, or it had been just the challenge getting her, while she wasn't interested in me that way. She was a beautiful woman, and which guy wouldn't want her to fall in love with him? It had been Oscar for her from the beginning and I probably had felt a bit offended subconsciously.

Howsoever.

My feelings for Lucía in the other hand were totally different, way more intense. I missed her the minute she wasn't with me. Just by thinking of her made my heart beat increase. Looking into her beautiful eyes and seeing her dazzling smile, always made me feel good.

But there was something.

Something she wasn't telling me or why else would she keep distance?

It's not like she didn't know about my feelings for her... it couldn't be still because of the Taléia thing. Maybe she was hiding something herself? I hated that thought. I hated it... but why else wouldn't she want to be my girlfriend? She always tried to avoid any kind of serious talk in which she started teasing me. Not that I had a problem with that; I loved it. I loved making out with her, or sleeping with her. I'd never forget about our first time - the way it felt having her naked body under mine. Touching her. Kissing her.

I shook my head lightly. It wasn't really the best idea thinking about that right now. We hadn't slept with each other since... before our 'dispute' and that one was before my injury happened.

"Hey Handsome."

Surprised I looked up, as I heard Lucía's voice. Already thinking I'd be hallucinating. "What are you doing out here alone at this time?" But she was really standing in front of me.