Chapter 11: Done

Lucía was going out of my way, but I have to admit that I wasn't really trying to talk to her. I guess I was just to tired to explain myself. I had done often enough before she knew that I had feelings for Taléia. Had in like past. The only feelings for Taléia I have now are on friendship basis. But well, I have other things I have to care about like my son and the World Cup. 

I was sitting on the tribune in the stadium. The training just had ended and I wasn't in the mood to leave already. Tomorrow the match would take place. I had a bad feeling about it but I hoped that it was because of my dispute with Lucía and not because we're going to lose tomorrow... we needed to reach the semifinals. I wanted to play in a World Cup final... and in a World Cup final in Brazil would just be perfect. 

I stood up and went down to the locker room. I could not be here all day, mostly because we had been invited to dinner from the Colombian team. I kind of was looking forward to meet the players. Even if I had told James to stay away from Taléia because of Oscar, we did understand each other very well last time, so I thought it would be the same tonight.

After I changed I left the locker room, and did not pay attention where I was walking for like a second, and ran into someone. I could prevent that we both landed on our asses. "Santos Jr. where the hell do you have your eyes?!" That well known voice already snapped at me. I let go of Lucía and looked at her with raised my eyebrows. "I could ask you the same." I said calm and crossed my arms in front of my chest. I wasn't going to start a dispute or try to defend myself for my feelings for Taléia. If she really believed that I used her, maybe it was better we went seperated ways. I guess she was expecting it

"What?" I asked, as she stared at me but didn't say anything.

"No attempt to convince me that you haven't used me to get over Taléia?" She asked bluntly. I shook my head. "Why should I try to convince you? You have already made your mind up... I don't think that I could say something that would change it... if you really believe that I used you... what possibly could I say to you what I haven't already?" I said, looking at her.

Again she just stared at me, and it took a few minutes before she shook her head to turn around. "You're such a liar." 

"I am a liar?" I repeated her words, and she stopped, but didn't turn around to look at me. "So you think I lied to you as I said that I like you? That you are important to me? That I want you to come with me to São Paulo because I felt comfortable around you? I lied to you as I said I want you to be my girlfriend? Are you for real?" She turned around to look at me as I stopped talking, but I wasn't done. "Just admit it to yourself that you just waited for a reason to push me away. That you waited for a reason to not be with me because you're scared. You're scared of those feelings you have when you are around me! Admit it to yourself!" I had gotten a bit louder at the end, and she felt attacked. I could see it and she proved it as she gave me a slap on my face. 

"Are you done?!" She asked and I nodded.

"I'm done." I said, and went past her, to leave her standing there. I didn't care that she started to cry there, at least I didn't turn around to go back to her... to apologize myself for my words. Why should I apologize? It was how it felt for me right now and as she accused me to have used her to get over Taléia she hadn't given me the time to justify myself. She did just believe Linnea... that bitch better not passed my way... she might be Taléia's 'best friend' but I would show her what it means hurting people who are important to me. 

In the other hand, I could understand that Lucía was believing her, after all I had lied to her as she had asked me about it. But I didn't regret it that I hadn't tell her... if I would've told her we would've never have come so close to each other.... and it did hurt me that after what we've already been through... she still thinks... still believes that my feelings for her aren't real.... that she thinks I used her to get over Taléia... like I couldn't have that easier. It's not like I had to try to get the attention of a woman who was disliking me at first, there were lots of women out here in Brazil who'd love to be with me. 

I needed to distract myself, I could not go so 'angry' to the dinner. That would not end well, and the best idea to calm down was spending some time with Davi. Davi who probably would ask after 'Luschiaa', because he hadn't seen her for a long time already. He liked her. Probably one of the reasons why I even fell for Lucía was the way she acted around Davi as she met him the first time. A slight smile formed on my lips as I remembered that, but disappeared right away, as I remembered our situation. I wasn't going to beg her to believe me. That wasn't me.

Before I left the stadium I took a deep breath, paparazzi would be probably waiting outside to get a picture. I faked a smile, that wasn't so difficult. I let them made one or two pictures and disappeared then. I wasn't in the mood to give interviews.

The dinner with the Colombian National Team went very well. Even if I saw that something had happen between Oscar and Taléia... I didn't ask. I had my own problems and what would it help when I got myself into a relationship conflict? So I focused myself on making chit-chat with some of the players. 

As I left the restaurant I knew, the match tomorrow would be everything else than easy. Both teams wanted to win... and both of us would do everything to reach the semifinals.