Chapter 28: It's over.

Neymar's POV

One drink after the other. I knew the coach would be everything else than happy about it but I didn't care. I needed to get rid of the pain I was feeling at least for a couple of hours - of course I'd get a terrible headache... a hangover but that wasn't that bad. Even that would help me to distract myself from the other pain.

Leo had shown up the next day to bring me back my phone. He apologized but he was still convinced that I should talk to Lucía. I couldn't.

At the end of the day I called her. I kind of felt I needed to but the moment someone else than her picked up... I hung up. A male voice. A male unknown voice had picked up and I asked myself why the hell did he pick up Lucía's phone.

I was jealous.

Afterwards I ended up sitting in this bar. I wrote Leo a short message about how stupid I had been to actually think she would really love me while she already had a new boyfriend.

"Handsome!" I looked up confused as a woman placed herself next to me.

"Heey..." I replied less excited that her. She smiled at me. "You don't remember me do you?" She asked and I bit slightly my bottom lip.

"Not really no." I answered honest.

"Jade." The moment she said her name I remembered the note with her phone number. I hadn't call her, well, she had realize anyway that my heart was taken.

"Guess you and that woman haven't cleared things?" I frowned lightly.

"Why do you mean?" I asked confused and she pointed at the glass whiskey in front of me. I gulped lightly. "It's complicated." I mumbled and she nodded lightly.

"I got that the last time I met you already handsome. But if you really love her you should go for her." I sighed deeply. She raised up her hands in defence. "It's none of my buisness I know. I just wanted to say that even if I wouldn't have a problem if you want get over her. I'd help you but I won't let you just use me."

With slight open mouth I listened to her words. I looked at her from tip to toe and a smile formed on my lips as she put her hand under my chin to lift my face up. "What are you thinking?" She asked and frowned.

"At the moment I just want to get drunk." I replied looking into her eyes. A smile formed on her lips.

"I can help you with that."

Lucía's POV

I had been taking a shower and as I came back out, I found a shocked looking Scott. "What's up?" I asked confused and he looked up. "I think Neymar thinks something wrong now." I frowned and first now realized that he was holding my phone. "Did he call?" He nodded while I brought the distance between him and me behind us. I grabbed my phone and looked at the calls. "I wanted to explain who I am but he hung up the second I said 'Heey'." I blinked a few times and looked back at Scott. Scott is my best friend - to the record he's gay.

"He doesn't really know you." I mumbled and dialled his number. I hoped he'd pick up but he didn't.

"I'm sorry Lu." I shock my head lightly.

"You don't need to be sorry. First; we don't know what he thought as he heard your voice and second ... I'll explain to him and he'll understand..." At least I was hoping that.

I dialled Lionel's number. He had given it to me last night. I really appreciated his help and if someone knew how to get to Neymar ... than him. At least that I was hoping.

"Hey Lucía." He greeted me and a light smile formed on my lips.

"Hey Lionel." I said.

"Is everything okay?" Lionel asked and I sighed softly. "Did Ney call you?"

"He did but my friend Scott picked up." I said right away. No need to hide anything.

"Scott?" He sounded confused. Probably trying to think of if Neymar had ever told him something about a guy called 'Scott'. "Scott is my best friend." I told him.

"Are you worried that he picked up or?" He asked and I sighed.

"I'm scared that Neymar might think something wrong." I replied.

For a few seconds it was quite on the other end. 

"If you want I call him?" He suggested.

"That'd be really nice." 

We talked a bit, he promised he would call me as soon as he has reached Neymar. After I hung up I went to the bathroom go put some Make up on - after all I was in Barcelona and I wasn't going to spend all day in the hotel room waiting for Neymar to call me.

Hours later, I was sitting with Scott in a restaurant. It was quite late already - past 22:00 o'clock. I sighed. Neither Neymar nor Lionel had called. "I'm sure Lionel will call you soon." Scott said. He was trying to cheer me up all day already. He stil felt sorry. He shouldn't have picket up - I wasn't mad at him because of that. I was mad at Neymar. Was he really thinking I was here in Barcelona with a new boyfriend or what? At least I thought he was thinking that or why else would he not pick up when I called him now?

"It's my own fault Scott." I mumbled and looked down on my glass. Scott hadn't allow me to order something alcoholic so I ended up drinking one coke after the other. He said I have to be fully aware what I do if it happens that I would meet Neymar today. I was doubting that.

"Please. You made a mistake yes... but if he really loves you he should get over it..." I grimaced lightly. "I've kept him on distance a long time... I was afraid he'd break my heart and at the end it was me who broke his." I heard Scott sigh. 

"You can't plan what happens hun... but I'm convinced that you both belong together even if I'm still bit pissed off that you never let me actually met him. I mean hellooo? I might be a Real Madrid fan like you but that doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't want to meet Neymar Jr." I chuckled lightly cause of the sound of his voice.

"Thank you that you came with me to Barcelona." I said, looking back up to him.

"How could I let you travel alone here? Please. I'd be a terrible best friend." He said and in that moment my phone rang. I frowned and put it out of my bag. 

I felt like my heart skipped a beat as I read Neymar's name on the display.

I picked up right away. "Ney?" I said. A few seconds I couldn't hear anyone talk, just something rustling. I frowned. "Hello? Lucía?" I closed my eyes as I heard him saying my name. He sounded drunk but I didn't care. "Neymar..." I replied. I couldn't think of anything else to say right now.

I opened my eyes and looked at Scott who was looking at me curious.

"You should... go... back to London." I heard Neymar saying. He was quite difficutl to understand. He probably was in a bar or something. "I want to talk to you first." I replied. 

"There is nothing we both have to discuss anymore." He replied to my words. It hurt hearing that from him. It sounded like he was done with me... for good.

"I love you Neymar...." I said and tears came into my eyes. "I made a mist-" He interrupted me. "Stop lying Lucía."
"I'm not lying!" I protested. Even if I couldn't see him I knew he had closed his eyes as he took a deep breath.

"Handsome?" I froze literally as I heard a woman calling him. 

"Who is that?" I asked and I had to admit I was scared what he was about to reply.

"My new girlfriend."

Can you imagine how I felt as he said those words? I knew it was my own mistake that we weren't a couple anymore but he had a new girlfriend? Why had Lionel not told me about it? I didn't reply anything to it just hung up and starred at my phone.

I didn't realize that tears were running down my cheeks first as I looked up to look at Scott who was hugging me. "What did he say?" He asked and I sobbed. 

"It's over." I mumbled before I buried my face in his chest crying.