Chapter 30: "I'm fine."

Neymar's POV

Taléia had called me - she was about to show up here in Barcelona and I had to admit I wasn't sure what to think about that. Actually I wasn't in the mood for any one to visit me and she just would remember me what I did wrong. After all I had met Lucía thanks to her... and I was sure that she wanted to talk with me about her. Why else would Taléia want to show up in Barcelona without Oscar? Oscar wasn't able to leave London at the moment because of football. I grimaced lightly while stepping into the locker room. Marc saw me entering and raised an eyebrow. "What's up?" He asked and I felt literally all others staring at me. They were acting way to worried - Leo probably had told them what had happen between me and Lucía - told them to keep an eye on me.I felt like a little child.

"Where's the coach?" I asked right away. "Don't know. He hasn't shown up yet here. Probably he's already on the field." I nodded lightly and turned around; I needed to pick up Taléia. That's why I had to tell the coach that I was about to join practice later. "Ney, where are you going?" I heard Leo ask. "Don't you want to change?" I sighed and turned around.

"I have to pick up Taléia at the airport... I'll join you guys later." I told them all. "Taléia is coming?" Dani asked and I nodded. "Can I come with you?" He asked. I thought about it. Actually it was a great idea if he'd come with me - so at least he could talk to her and she wouldn't get the chance to ask me about Lucía already. "Sure, when the coach is okay with it." I said and shrugged lightly. Together we went to look for the coach.

We found him and minutes later we made us on the way to the airport with Dani's car - he insisted. At the airport it took us some time to reach the Arrival terminal; people recognized us; which was incredibly exhausting. I was looking around to see if Taléia already had been coming out there - her plane had landed minutes ago already but of course it would take time until she got her suitcase. I was looking into an other direction as I heard Dani almost yell her name. I looked over to them and chuckled lightly, as I saw him tickling her. I approached them and heard Dani say: "Ah... and I thought Neymar was lying as he said you'd come to Barcelona." I rolled my eyes.

"Why should I lie about that?" I stated and smiled lightly, as Taléia looked at me. "Hey Sweetheart." I said and went over to her, to pull her into a hug. "Great to see you." I mumbled. It really was great to see her even if I had to admit that seeing her, reminded me on Lucía.

"Great to see you too." She said smiling. I continued smiling lightly at her. I didn't want her to feel bad because of me. She was here in Barcelona to see me again and of course to see the city. I had learned from my previous mistake. I've lost Lucía already I didn't want to loose Taléia - she was a good friend after all.

"Let's go! There are some people who'd love to meet you!" Dani told her and I saw the confusion in her eyes as she looked over to him. "What?" She asked confused.

"Let's say... we told our team mates about that pretty girl that accompanied us during the World Cup ... they're curious and would love to meet you." Dani explained to her and she still seemed not to believe it. I chuckled.

"Yes sweetheart... the players of FC Barcelona would love to meet you... Let's go!" I added to Dani's words and took her suitcase. Together we left the airport.

I didn't really was in the mood to talk. Loads of thoughts went through my head - mostly memories of the time in Brazil. It had been a great time there even if I ended up injured. Of course I remembered the time, the days I had been thinking that I was in love with Taléia - all the 'drama' that that had caused. Oscar, who didn't want to be with her first because he didn't want to hurt me, had kept a distance to her at the beginning. From the beginning, from the first moment I had met her, I had known that she and Oscar were meant to be. The way she had looked at him...

The same way as Lucía had looked at me for a while...

She probably never would look at me like that.

I didn't even know if I would ever see her again.

I sighed quietly and looked out the window - gladly Dani was distracting Taléia. I wasn't really able to say something nice, so I kept silent during the whole way to the stadium.

We arrived there and I climbed out of the car. So did they. I heard Dani's words and the reply of Taléia to it. I just smiled at her. I was sure the others would like her. How could they not? She was adorable.

I followed both of them inside and still didn't really say a word. I was thinking about this all way to much. Taléia's presence wouldn't help me to get over Lucía - not at all.

Dani introduced her to Luis, while I just stood next to them. He asked her a few things and afterwards we went onto the field, where we soon were surrounded by the whole team.  Again it was Dani who introduced her.

"You guys didn't mention that she's so beautiful." I grimaced as I heard Marc's words and looked at him, I couldn't prevent to sound a bit annoyed.  "Don't even think of it Marc. She's taken." I almost snapped at him and I could feel everyone staring at me. Marc just rolled his eyes. "Don't worry NeyNey. I wasn't going to try anything... I know she's with Oscar." I didn't say anything to it. The atmosphere was uncomfortable right now and I was quite happy as Taléia said she'd watch us practice from the tribune.

I went to the locker room with Dani to change.

"Are you okay man?" He asked while he was changing his shirt.

"I'm fine." I replied and didn't look over to him.

"You're a bad liar you know." Dani said after a while and left the locker room; he had finished changing before me. I sighed deeply and sat down on the bench. I needed a few minutes for myself before I'd go out there.

What were they expecting from me? I had lost the one person I actually loved and now the person who kind of brought us together was here... I felt already awful... I didn't need anyone to remind me what I had lost.

Few minutes later I stood up and went to the field. I had missed already enough of the practice; the coach wasn't happy with me already I shouldn't give him more reasons to get angry at me.

I stepped onto the field and warmed myself up. I could feel a gaze on me and looked over. Leo was looking at me worried. I shook my head lightly and looked away from him. He was a friend yes but sometimes he just was way too worried. I was fine - at least as fine as you could be when you have a break up behind you. 

______________________________________________

Hellu. ♥

I hope you guys like the story so far.

I just wanted to inform you that I've started writing #Complicated 2. Over there you'll read the story out of Taléia's view. Just if your interested. ♥

best wishes. ♥