Chapter 10

"Leah"

"Leah"

◇♧♡♤

A/N: So since you guys have no clue of what happened to Leah after she was separated from her brother and for two years before she meets Rosa and Victor, here's a little bonus chapter for you guys. It sort of follows the storyline since she is technically knocked out right now. So I really hope you guys would enjoy this chapter and probably a few more chapters on this but I might do a few bonus chapters once I finished this book. Please remember to vote and comment any suggestions for any parts of this book. A little warning, I have no clue what happens in a foster care system so correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm just making things up. I'm sorryyyy.

Thank you :)

~lyn_solace

♡♡♡

I felt my breath hitched as I held onto my brother's hand tightly. I was terrified of what might happen to us next, I get what we've been doing is wrong but it was for the sake of our survival and to get one step closer to finding our mom. But every time we do, it's like the foster care system somehow holds back our investigations and now, we are another 10 steps away from reaching our mom. It's unfair, but the world is unfair. We can't always get what we want all the time.

My brother and I have been to several foster homes and we've been running since we were 9 years old. A little too young but we were desperate. My knees were shaking, as I played with my brother fingers in my hands. "It's okay, we're going to be alright. We've always been, right?" My brother said, trying to comfort me but we didn't know that it wasn't going to be alright. Not this time...

"Billy and Leah Batson?" A woman called out as we followed her into her room. "I've understood that you've been running away from several foster homes," my brother snorted, does 10 different ones count as several? ,"But we have to cross the line here as we've decided that you two should be separated."
I heard my heart shatter into pieces, they want to separate my only family I have left from my life, "No, no way," my brother said pitting an arm protectively around me. "You're not taking any of us away from each other," he said as if he read my mind.

"I understand your concern-" she said but was cut of by a raging Billy, "No! You don't. We've been running away because we want our actual mother back. You don't know what it's like to be like this because you know why? You actually have a family okay? We don't-"
"Enough Billy," I said tugging at his arm to sit down, tears pricked from my eyes at the thought of even being parted from someone closest to me, "But there's no chance of you separating us," I said looking at the woman dead in the eye. Little did I know, she had already made a decision before we even entered the room. Two women came into the room and took me and Billy by the arm and started to tug at us, that it was time for us to go but Billy and I held onto each other tightly, not wanting to let go but we weren't as strong as them. "It's okay, you're going to meet your new family outside, just take a chance with them."
"NO!" Billy and I both screamed at the same time. The two women kept tugging at us with the both of us still screaming for each other but we weren't as strong as them, the finally, parted us as we struggled against their grip. 

"Billy!" 

"Leah!" we both screamed in unison as tears blurred my vision. The warm, wet drops of my tears flowed down to my cheeks non top as I kept screaming for my brother. That was the last time I saw my brother.

♡♡♡

"Here you go, eat up," Gerrard said, my newest foster father said but I wasn't hungry. I just stared at the bowl in front of me. I haven't eaten in weeks and I knew I was starving deep down but I ignored it. You can't exactly expect me to be okay, can you? I just lost my twin brother, I've tried finding for him but it was like as if he vanished into thin air. I couldn't get over my grief but Gerrard's been trying to help me. I took a small bite of the bread in front of me but my hunger was overwhelming as I finished that piece of bread under a minute. "There you go, you're eating now," he said smiling at me. His wife, Jess, walked down the stairs, "Hey, she's eating now," she smiled kindly at me. 

"Can I go outside and take a walk?" I asked politely , "Sure, but come back by lunch, alright?" I nodded as I swung open the door and headed towards the park. It was time for me to get some fresh air. It was horrible actually, I barely got any sleep but I manage to find some energy to go take a walk alone. They know can trust me enough even though I'm kind of a little too young. Okay, fine, very young but I've lived on the streets long enough to know how to survive. I walked on the familiar road that my brother and I have crossed many times in our life. I felt the back of my eyes burn at the slightest thought of us being together. I sat on the swing where we played together, and yes, we lived in this neighborhood before. This was where I found my little grove to find some peace in my  unusually complicating life for a nine year old. I sat there staring at the other kids playing, "Hello," I heard the voice of a boy say. I looked up to see a brown haired boy smiling at me. I almost mistaken him for Billy, he had the same brown hair and smile but he had blue eyes instead of the calming green eyes my brother and I shared. 

"Hi," I said quietly and turned away looking at the familiar waves I've seen. The scene itself was calming and beautiful but the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore made this whole place itself unique and the birds that fly over the horizon. The rising sun painting the sky bright blue, almost like the boy's eyes. "You must come here a lot to know this place," he said, right he was here. I hummed a response as he sat down on the swing next to me, where my brother usually sat with me whenever we came here. "You don't talk much do you?" I turned to face him to tell him to keep his mouth shut. "My name's Diego, and yours is...?" he tried starting a conversation but I ignored him and continued to look at the horizon. I closed my eyes and focused on the soft sounds of the tranquil waves. 

I looked at my watch that Billy stole for me once at a small shop we kind of shoplifted from. Oh shoot, I needed to go but the boy doesn't seem like he wanted me to go just yet. "Leah," was the last thing I said to him for leaving me alone for a while before leaving.