Chapter 3

"Hey"◇♧♡♤

"Hey"
◇♧♡♤

To be honest, dinner went better than expected. My expectations? Billy getting awkward and uncomfortable and running away like always ever since we started running. But I get why.

"Knock knock," I said smiling in front of Bill's room. "First day of school tomorrow, you ready?" I let myself in and plopped onto his bed. "Not really but ready enough to run away from there," he joked and I laughed with him.

"I really missed you," I said looking at him, "You've changed a lot too." "Guess it was for the better,"
"I guess."
"Did you," he hesitated, "Have you ever tried looking for me for the last 3 years?"
"Of course I have. I ran away from 6 different foster homes in the last 2 years and decided that this place, this place is the last resort," I said with sadness, "Did you think I've never tried?" I asked slightly hurt that he even had that thought.
"Wha-what? No, I always knew you were somewhere out there looking for me and I've been doing the same except a little more foster homes than you," he chuckled.
"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight big bro," I said while closing the door behind me.

♡♡♡

I walked passed Freddy's room and noticed that he was still awake. "Hey," I said while waiting open the door. "Holy-" he jumped back as I saw a journal over his shoulder, "You scared me, I swear you can give a disabled kid a heart attack." "What's that?" I asked pointing to his journal, "Oh- urm- It's a- nothing! Oh boy look at the time, there's school tomorrow. Haha you know what they say "Early bird gets the worm" Goodnight Leah!" He said quickly pushing me out the door with surprising strength, "Actua-" "Night!" And with that the door closes at my face.
"Goodnight..." I said bewildered by that scene.

♡♡♡

I woke up and quickly got changed into a white long sleeved shirt and jeans with my boots before grabbing my jacket and bag and went down for breakfast.

"You would like it here, trust me," Freddy said and I snorted. "It ain't all rainbows and sun shines if the school itself suck." I gave Darla a nice big hug before parting with the gang as I noticed how Billy pushed Darla away and I let out a sigh. He needs to learn that not all of them are bad, I get why he's like that but he needs to move on.

I waved goodbye to Mary as I grabbed my books from my locker and met up with a few of my friends and went to homeroom.

Finally, the lunch bell rang and I rushed out of the classroom. Boy was I starving, I wolves down my lunch within minutes as my friend's stared at me. "What?" and with that we all busted into fits of giggles as I tried to swallow my food before spitting it on someone.
"I hope he doesn't sit with us," I heard someone said and I turned to see who they were talking about. Oh no... As soon as Freddy sat down with them on the same table, they took their trays and sat somewhere else. "Hey guys, I'll catch you later." I walked over to Freddy who was sitting alone and I slid into the seat opposite him. "Hey," I smiled at him, almost forgetting the most chaotic scene yesterday. "Sorry about yesterday," he said, "It's fine. If it's your secret then I shall not snoop eventhough curiosity is burning through me. Curse Pandora for having such curiosity eventhough it's not exactly her fault," I rambled on.
As soon as I heard Freddy's laugh I shut up and blushed in embarrassment. We continued talking as I listened to Freddy fangirl about his superheroes while I mainly listened and laughed until the bell rang. "See you later," we both said at the same time. We both looked at each other before laughing and left to our separate classes.