Chapter 7

"Maybe. Just. Maybe"

◇♧♡♤

Leah took in deep breath and stretched her hands out to the sea and closed her eyes. She imagine the waves curling and coming forth and listening to her command. She heard gasps behind her so she took her chance to take a quick peak. She saw blue tips of the wave slowly tangling themselves on her wrist and she opened her eyes in amazement. She dragged her hands upwards and dropped it as if she was holding a whip. A crack sound came from the ground as she laughed at her success.

"You can never stop amazing me," Freddy said as Billy was gaping at her newfound powers. "Close your mouth, a fish could get into your mouth like that," she giggled at her twin who closed his mouth but was still staring. She decided to try something else, she moved her hands together in a circular motion as a bucket worth of water separated from the sea and turn into a ball.
She smirked as she directed it towards the boys as they screamed at the sudden coldness of the water. She burst out laughing and she could here the animals down there laughing at them too.

"What was that for?" Billy looked at his sister. "For the snow ball you threw at me," she smiled, "But that was 5 years ago!"
"I know," I smirked before running to the edge and dived into the water gracefully before resurfing to find the boys. They were looking at me as if I was a lunatic, I watched as the two boys conversed as I dived back underwater, ready to scare the he'll out of them.
As soon as my feet hit the seafloor, I pushed myself up as hard as I can as I heard the sounds of the  flowing water rush past me and I broke through to the surface and landed on my feet towards the edge of the cliff. I heard another rounds of screams as the boys jumped almost 2 feet into the air.

"Water powers, check. Okay, I'm done for the day. Goodbye," Freddy said as white as a sheet and Billy just nodded as the two boys walked home and was afraid of the smallest things as they walked back. I must've scared the crap out of them. I returned to my normal form before deciding to take a stroll along the park close by.

♡♡♡

When I returned home, it was all normal except for well, Freddy and Billy. I walked towards and sat in between them as I hugged then both for comfort. Both of them relaxed against me but I understand why Billy did it but Freddy? I turned to look at Freddy and he had the widest smile on his face. I decided to experiment on him. I took my arm away from him and hugged my brother fully instead. I heard him grumble a few words under his breath as Billy and I snuggled together on the couch.

Mary and Eugene passed by us as they chuckled at the three of us. Freddy turned a shade red as I, out of nowhere giggled at him. "Awww, is little Freddy upset?" I cooed at him. "Maybe," he huffed and turned away from me. Oh boy, out of some sheer courage I had in me, I turned and kissed his cheek, "There, I bet now you're not." Freddy turned to look at me wide eyed as he placed his hand the same spot I kissed him and mumbled some unintelligent words. He laughed at him as my brother gave me a look. I guess I may need to tell him at some point. I hugged at his arm, signalling him to go up with me as we passed a surprised looking Mary and Eugene. "Hey, guys," I smiled at them as they were all confused.

♡♡♡

"Do you even like him?" My brother asked as soon as I locked my room door behind me. "Maybe, just maybe," I admitted as he gave me a weird look, "What?"
"I'm sorry, you like a kid who lives in the same foster care as you and is a superhero fanatic and kind of the weirdest guys I've ever known in my years of running from one foster home to another," Billy pointed out. It's true but I fired back, "Okay first of all, ever heard of Barry Allen and Iris West? Second of all, that 'superhero fanatic', is helping you figure out what superpowers you may have so please do shut up about that. And maybe he is the weirdest guy, but that doesn't mean he isn't an adorable dork," I covered my mouth as I realised I said too much.

My brother gave me a cheeky smile as he walked up to me from my bed. "So you like him, huh?" He asked still smiling,  "Wha- what? N-no. No way, I'm going to like that adorable dork with the most adorable curly hair. Okay, I better shut up now," I said said mentally banging my head against a wall. "So you do like him," my brother said as he leaned against the wall, "Maybe. Just. Maybe."