Chapter 12

"I give you, the Umbrella Academy"

◇♧♡♤

We've been hanging out ever since and we've grown closer. I met the rest of his family, Luther who's a little to tall, Allison, who said really an amazing person, Klaus, who's a little too crazy, Five, wired name and really playful personality, Ben, who's really a sweetheart and now my best friend, and finally, Vanya, she's really an angel. She's so innocent I find it adorable.

I grew closer to the Hargreeves really quick as if they were my second family but one day changed it all.
I was waiting for Diego by our grove as I hummed silently to myself but still hasn't shown up for about three hours. I let out a sigh and walked back home after a while. I swung open the door of th whose as Gerrard called me to the living room to watch television with the rest.

"I give you, The Umbrella Academy," I heard an old man announce on the television. I got a closer look an noticed the 6 kids behind them. It took me a moment to figure who was behind the mask, especially the smallest one, specks of blood still on his face. "Oh my god," I said after realisation hits me.

I ran as fast as I could to the Hargreeves house as I pounded my fists on their large doors of their creepy mansion. I was greeted by Pogo as he greeted me and I let out a small smile. He noticed my urgency to meet the rest as he stepped aside, "Go on."
I ran as fast as my feet could carry me and slid to a stop in front of Diego's room. "What the hell?" I screamed at them. Everyone gathered in his room and jumped from their seats as I avoided a knife just in time and a punch to the face by Luther.

"Holy shit, Leah. I'm so sorry," Diego said as he helped me up from the ground as I got up groaning. "Fast reaction time, you avoided Diego's knife and that's fast enough," Five commented from the corner. I turned to find Ben, "Are you okay? You had blood all over you and then you guys were at the bank robbery and-and," I started rambling and was panicking about the other until Diego came and hug me, "Hey, it's okay. We're okay, you see," he said as I steadied my ragged breathing. I let go after a while as the others stared at us. I hid face, flushing with embrassment. I saw Ben smiling at us with Vanya at the corner my eye as I buried my face more into his chest.

We both sat back down onto his bed as they started telling me their family secrets until it was late. Apparently they all were born on the same day and their mother's gave them up for money and there weren't any signs of pregnancy at any times before that. It was actually horrible, their mothers giving them all up just like that, but I guess I could relate to them. But they haven't felt the pain of losing someone closest to them, like being separated from a twin and still knowing that they are out there somewhere but with a different family. Only Ben and Diego knows about it and both times, I broke down crying my heart out as I felt the same pain I felt all those years ago.

I walked home, my thoughts running through my mind in a frenzy trying to comprehend their family secrets that was all spilled. I didn't hear the soft thuds of footsteps behind me as my thoughts grew louder and louder. Just as I was about to turn into my neighbourhood I felt a hand firmly pressed onto my mouth and an arm wrapped around my waist as I was lifted into the air.

I screamed and kicked as hard as I can and thrashed around as I felt the fear and a sea of panic took over me as I tried to scream for help, for someone, anyone, "Diego!" I let out a muffled scream as I felt something wrapped around wrist and legs as I kicked the man closest to me. I seemed to successfully hit my target when j heard a man groan and let out a string of curse words. Unfortunately they held me down as they tied my hands behind my back as they rough ropes wrapped themselves around my ankles.
I was thrown at the back of a black van as I continued screaming for help.

I let out a sigh of relief when I heard the shouts of another man, "Hey! What are you doing?" But it didn't last long. The loud, ear piercing sound a pulled triggered echoed through the empty silence of the neighbourhood as the thump of a body hit the ground. I felt the hot tears pricked my eyes out of fear.

What are they going to do to me?

A/N: Hey guys!! I just realised that I accidentally did a TUA crossover without realising it until I read one of the comments, so I just decided to go with the flow anyways. Hope you guys like this improv :) Feel free to give me some suggestions for this book as I am open to ideas :)

谢谢!

~Lyn_solace