Chapter 15

I sat silently, the soft buzz of my computer filling the air. Before me, mounds of paperwork were scattered about and several programs on the fore mentioned machine were open and waiting.

It had been at least an hour since Jounouchi had left and I had yet to get a single ounce of work done. The only thing I could think of was his tantalizing lips on top of mine, our bodies pressed firmly together. It was hard to believe that just a short time ago he was in my arms. Already my body yearned for more. Silently, I grabbed the silver dragon pendant hanging around my neck and held it in my palm, a smile immediately forming on my lips.

I was brought out of my brooding as the smell of Mokuba and pizza filled the air. I listened quietly as I heard his small footsteps trudging up the stairs, stopping just in front of my door.

"Come in Mokuba." I said after his soft knock was heard. He opened the door carefully, balancing pizza and a can of soda on one arm. "How'd you know it was me?" He asked as he closed the door behind him with his foot.

"Brotherly intuition." I said as he approached the desk. He looked at me almost suspiciously as he placed the pizza and soda down in front of me and promptly took a seat.

"What's this?" I asked, eyeing the pizza.

Mokuba smiled, folding his hands on his lap. "Well you got home late from work so I'm sure you haven't eaten yet! Since we had some extra pizza I figured I'd bring you some."

"Thank you Mokuba." I said smiling at the boy. He has always been thoughtful when it came to making sure I got enough to eat. There have been countless nights in the office where he had brought me dinner, afraid that I was too busy and had forgotten – which was usually the case.

Mokuba stared at me for a moment, noticing the silver coin hanging from my neck. "Oh! That's beautiful!" He exclaimed, bending over the desk to get a better look.

I looked down at the necklace, smiling fondly. "Where did you get it?" He asked, his eyes transfixed on the glimmering silver.

I hesitated. Besides Duo and the other vampires no one knew of my affection for Jounouchi. As much as I trusted Mokuba, the thought of him being disappointed in me or even grossed out made my stomach turn. He has always been my only friend and companion. His opinion of me mattered more than anyone else.

"Jounouchi gave it to me..." I finally said, trying to sound nonchalant. "Since I couldn't go to the fair he brought back a souvenir."

Mokuba smiled brightly, sitting back in his chair.

"Okay Onii-Sama..." He began. "There are a couple things I would like to talk to you about."

"Okay..." I said as I eyed him suspiciously, folding my hands on my desk.

Mokuba mirrored my movements, his eyes turning serious.

"Onii-Sama, I have known you my entire life. On the outside you have always been harsh and cold. You have never been friendly or giving toward other people. The only one who knew the real Seto was me."

"Ok, what is your point?" I asked, not liking where this conversation was going.

"My point is that you have changed. Ever since you brought Jounouchi home you have slowly become a different person. I swear that I've seen you smile more in the past month than I have in my entire life!"

Mokuba eyed me seriously. I was at a loss for words...what could I say? What did he want me to say?

"Your pizza is getting cold..." He said abruptly. "Aren't you going to eat it?"

I looked at him, confused. "Yes, Mokuba... Where are you going with this?"

He looked at me then, his face full of conviction. "I want you, my brother who has trusted me over anyone for years, to tell me what brought about this change? Why have you changed so much in such a short amount of time?"