Chapter 2

Jounouchi did not return to school that day.

You could tell that Yugi and the gang were worried. I had never seen the group so solemn.

Yugi had even asked me if I had seen the blond haired boy, to which of course I said no.

I felt as if there was a hole in my chest. Jounouchi had never walked away from me like that before...

And somehow, his words hurt.

"Are you not listening? Why are you even here? You could care less about a... a mutt like me! Stop coming around me just to pick fights!"

I sighed as I rubbed my forehead. Only ten more minutes of school then it was off to work. At least there I was busy enough to keep my mind away from him.

Impatiently I watched the clock as the seconds ticked by. It was amazing how mere minutes could feel like hours.

I tried my best to focus on the teachers words, though nothing he said had any interest to me.

We were studying the play 'Romeo and Juliet', written by the well known author William Shakespeare.

The teacher stood in front of us, reciting a line spoken by Juliet.

"

The words rang in my head.

Love sprung from my only hate...

Love a loathed enemy...

For a split second I envisioned myself as Romeo and Jounouchi as Juliet.

I groaned inwardly at the ridiculous thought before I once again focused my attention to the clock.

~*~

When the bell finally rang I fought the urge to run out the door with the rest of the class. I longed to be in my quiet office buried with paperwork.

I walked swiftly down the halls, dodging the many students who insisted on traveling at the speed of a turtle.

It wasn't long before I was walking outside, heading for my limo.

I was grateful my company wasn't too far from the school. I was only a few minutes away from pushing that mutt out of my mind.

Once the limo arrived at Kaiba Corp., I quickly got out and headed up to the top floor, ignoring the many greetings from my employees.

The elevator door opened slowly with a high pitched ding before I quickly exited the small space. I walked past the receptionist, nodding in acknowledgement, before heading through the large double doors of my office.

Once inside I took a deep breath before heading to my desk. I placed my briefcase on the dark cherry wood before taking a seat. I sat down heavily with a sigh, as I leaned back in my large leather chair.

Only a few moments passed before my mind began to wonder to unwanted places. I growled to myself before opening my briefcase and taking out the stack of papers I had worked on at school. I separated the completed papers from the rest, noticing my phone blinking out of the corner of my eye. I clicked the play button before placing the finished papers in the 'done' pile.

"Hi Onii-Sama!"

I smiled, it was Mokuba.

"Just wanted to remind you that I'm staying at my friend's house this weekend, it is Friday you know!" I chuckled slightly, that's right... I had totally forgotten it was Friday.

"Don't worry; I have my cell phone if I need anything! I will see you Monday night!"

I glared at the machine.