Chapter 11

The blond boy's mouth was agape as he stared incredulously at me. I felt as if my body was frozen in place as his intense gaze met my own.

I felt both dread and happiness that Jounouchi was finally awake.

I was glad that he was okay and oddly enough, a little nervous. Disbelief still haunted Jounouchi's honey eyes as I waited expectantly for them to fill with anger. It was obvious that the last person he thought he would see when he woke up was me. I'm sure I was the last person he even wanted to see. Any second he would walk out in disgust at being in his enemy's home.

A few more seconds passed before the blond boy shook his head quickly before rubbing his eyes.

"I must be dreaming..." He muttered to himself as he once again opened them, finding me still there.

"Not a dream mutt." I said offhandedly, resulting in a glare from the newly awakened man.

Jounouchi then moved his gaze from me to his battered chest, which was still wrapped in bandages. Cautiously he reached up to touch his face, his frown deepening as he felt the white gauze that adorned his cheek.

I watched curiously as emotion played on his face as he seemingly remembered what had happened to him.

A few moments passed before he once again looked at me. My stomach twisted at the almost empty look in his eyes. I had never seen Jounouchi look so... Defeated.

"Where am I?" He asked quietly.

"My mansion."

He shook his head as if still in disbelief.

"How did I get here?"

"I found you in an alley."

I frowned quizzically as the blond boy burst out laughing.

"Great! Just fucking great!" He said as he bent over to hold his head in his hands.

"Out of all the fucking people who could have found me!"

My frown only deepened as the blond boys laughing was abruptly cut off with a heavy irritated sigh.

"Just my luck..." He whispered before he pulled the covers away from his bruised body and moved his legs over the edge of the bed.

I stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do, as Jounouchi placed his feet on the floor. He tumbled slightly, his face scrunched in pain, as he reached for the bed to steady himself. "God damn it..." he mumbled as he carefully stood straight up, his hand still supporting his weight.

Without looking at me he walked forward, his gaze locked on the ground in front of him. He didn't make it far before he stumbled once again; instinctively I reached out and caught him before he hit the floor.

"Easy mutt..." I said as I helped him stand up.

"I don't need your help Kaiba!" Jounouchi said fiercely as he pushed himself away from me. "You're the last person I ever want help from!"

I ignored the pain in my heart as I placed my cold mask on. Jounouchi stood in the middle of the room, his bruised legs wobbly.

"You should be grateful I didn't leave you on the streets to die like the dog you are." I said snidely, immediately regretting my words.

Jounouchi looked at me then, his amber eyes rimmed with tears. "I'd rather you have left me there!" he practically screamed before he attempted to walk past me to get to the door. His attempt was unsuccessful when his beaten legs gave out on him, sending him crashing into me.