Chapter 6

The next morning I awoke to the sound of Duo's laughter.

I groggily sat up and looked at the clock. 8:32pm.

Sighing, I stretched my arms, noticing there was no cup of blood sitting on the nightstand.

I stared at the empty spot next to my clock, gently rubbing my neck. My throat burned a bit but it was tolerable... I'm sure they wanted me to practice hunting again tonight.

I got out of bed and grabbed the clean pile of clothes I had brought back with me last night. I walked down the creaking stairs and into the bathroom near the kitchen.

Duo was still cracking up; apparently something funny was on the TV. I shook my head in amusement before entering the small room.

I closed the bathroom door and turned on the water. I wrinkled my nose as it came out brown, the smell was very unpleasant.

After a few moments of sputtering it finally started to run clear. I jumped in and quickly cleaned my body and washed my hair. When I was done I brushed my teeth, letting the sink water run a bit longer than I had the shower.

I felt a deep longing for the clear running water at my mansion. I would be happy when I was able to go home.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. Duo was still watching TV.

"How can you guys live here?" I asked slightly exasperated as I sat down on the other couch.

Duo looked at me a small smile on his face. "We don't live here really." He said, his eyes drifting back to his show. I raised my eyebrow at him. "You don't?"

"Nope! We are just here to help get you started. We live about a two hour travel from here."

I looked at them suspiciously. "Why would you come all they way out here just to help me?"

Duo looked at me as if he was considering on whether or not to say something.

After a few moments he sighed, his eyes turning deadly.

"Look, I know Heero wouldn't want me telling you any of this, so keep your mouth shut."

I looked at the braided vampire, nodding my head.

"Eric created Heero." Duo said in a quiet voice, I could hardly hear him. "Naturally they have a strong bond. Before Eric left he asked Heero to come help out, and Heero agreed of course. At first we had no clue why he had come here, and we were both surprised when he brought you home. We still don't know why he did it..."

Duo's expression turned serious, his violet eyes piercing mine.

"Look Seto...Something like this isn't really normal. Vampires don't just go to random towns to make another of their kind...I don't think you becoming a vampire was a mere whim on Eric's part."

I narrowed my eyes at the thought. I had always assumed Eric had a reason for what he did.

"Heero follows Eric blindly." Duo said with a sigh. "Eric isn't a bad person, but I don't think he hangs out with the best kind of company, if you know what I mean."

I leaned back on the couch with my arms crossed.

Could Eric have been sent to change me? I do have a lot of enemies out there...

"You must have made someone really mad if that's why Eric came here." Duo said nonchalantly, also crossing his arms.

"I make people mad every day. My corporation isn't very friendly to its competition." I said just as Heero walked in the room.