The Fifth Ninja Turtle

The ride home was great (but that was because I slept through the whole thing). The first two flights were really good (because of sleeping) and the third flight was alright (because I didn't sleep on it (you'll see why later)).

Ryan had gotten a really bad nose bleed on the second flight (in between my naps) and had to talk to one of the flight attendants. In that time that Ryan was gone, Gerard had decided to sit in Ryan's seat.

I looked him up and down, noticing that his hair was tangly (like he had been running his fingers through it a lot) and that he had dyed it black. "Do you need something?" I asked, trying to sound as nice (but as firm) as I could.

"Uh, yeah," he ran his fingers through his hair, rocking back and forth a bit. "I, uhm... I-I want-wanted to, um, tell you that, uh... Y-Y-You're really attractive? And, uhm, I-I-I um, I need to tell you this or-or else it will, uh, ha-h-haunt me for the r-rest of my-my life." He paused and sighed, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "I like you, Brendon. And not like a little school girl crush; a-a real life, really, truly, complete..." He looked like he was trying to find the right word. "...Love."

"I-I'm sorry?"

"Okay, maybe 'love' wasn't the right word to use. I like, like like you, Brendon. I don't know how to explain how I feel and I don't have anyone to talk to. I can't talk to Mikey because he likes you." He looked down at his hands folded in his lap. "I can't talk to Frank, because he's my boyfriend." He looked up at the little lights and air conditioners above us. "I can't talk to my mom, because she just doesn't understand a damn word that comes out of my mouth." He let out a small noise that sounded like a mixture of a chuckle and a sob. "So I thought, 'hey, why not tell the person I like that I like them without a full understanding that I like them', ya know?" He looked at me for a moment before looking to the seat in front of him.

"Well, pretend that I'm not the person that you like and tell me how you feel. I'll listen." I put the armrest between us up as he licked his lips. I grabbed his hand. "I promise."

He looked at me and smiled a little, biting his lip lightly. "Well..." He was searching for his words when Ryan came back.

"Excuse me," Ryan said, sounding annoyed.

I dropped Gerard's hand (probably his heart, too) and looked up at Ryan. "Uhm, I was just talking to Gerard about this week's music assignment. Right?" I looked at Gerard and saw him wiping his eyes on the back of his sleeve.

"Yeah," he sniffled. "Mrs. Archer is having us research European music and other shit like that." He looked at me with teary eyes. "I-I'll leave." Gerard stood up, walking past Ryan and I think I heard him sniffle and let out a small sob.

*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

I was sad for the rest of the flight, worried about Gerard. We landed in Chicago and had a one hour layover, in which directly after we landed, I ran to the bathrooms. I did my business and was washing my hands (and worrying more about Gerard) when I heard someone walking in. I looked over to the opening (as one does) and saw Gerard walk in. He smiled weakly at me and I returned it sympathetically.

"Hey," I smiled, drying my hands with the paper towels.

"Hey," he said. His voice shook along with his hand as it was run through his tangly hair.

"Do you wanna talk now?" I asked." I mean, not in the bathroom, but I saw a restaur-"

He pushed me into an empty stall, forcefully pressing his lips against mine. I was surprised at first, but then kissed back. He tasted like cigarettes and minty gum that I figured was from the plane. He pressed his body against mine, pinning my arms above my head. It felt like a dream to be kissing Gerard again and I loved every little second of it.