Daniel Is a Friend

*Brendon POV*

I had convinced my mom to let me stay with the guys for an hour later than my usual curfew, 5:00. Not long after we had walked in the door, Ryan went up to his room to take a (pardon the pun) cat nap. Patrick said that he took them all the time, mostly because his animal is the cat and his personality matches his animal. That made me think about all the rest of the gang and their personalities. That's why Jon is so protective and Pete is such a great judge of character and outgoing. That's why Patrick eats so much salad and is so shy and why Josh has a fauxhawk and for whatever animal they are, why Spencer eats flowers and why Tyler is always drinking water.

After I was sure Ryan was asleep, I went into his room and watched him sleep. I almost felt creepy, but he looked so peaceful, I couldn't help myself. When he finally woke up, squinting his eyes and crinkling his nose, he looked like a little kitten and I had to stop myself from 'awh'ing.

"Brendon?" he asked slowly when he saw me. "What are you doing here?" He tried to rub his eye, but ended up scratching and punching himself in the face. He made a confused face at his cast, but then remembered the day and sighed. "How long have you been sitting here?" 

"About the whole time you've been napping," I replied. "And Doctor Hurley is here because he has some kind of special cast that will stay on when you're a cat and is also here to write you some prescriptions for your pain."

"Alright," he said, closing his eyes. "Were you watching me sleep?"

"Uh, I might have, unless it sounds too creepy," I said.

"No, no," he smiled. "That actually reminds me of Daniel."

"Daniel?" I swallowed way too loudly for the quiet room. Was he talking about the Daniel? The one that made him feel like an old cat lady and nearly ended our relationship? "Wh-who's Daniel?"

Ryan smiled at his name. "He's just a friend."

I always make jokes when I'm uncomfortable, so I sang a parody of Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield and played air guitar. "Daniel is a friend," I sang in a deep voice. "Oh, Daniel's a good friend of mine."

He started laughing a laugh that eventually turned into crying. I put my hand on his shoulder and tried to comfort him.

"Do you want me to go get Doctor Hurley?" I asked gently. He nodded and I left his room and went downstairs. Everyone downstairs was in the living room playing Rock Band and thankfully they had just finished a song.

"I told you I could beat you at guitar!" Andy yelled at Joe. Joe frowned and sat on the couch.

I walked over to Andy, who was still yelling about how he beat everyone's high score, and tapped him on the shoulder. He stopped yelling and turned around and smiled.

"Hello, Brandon," he said. "Is Ryan ready for me?"

"My name is Brendon and yes, he is," I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not really good with names," he said. Andy turned back to the rest of the guys. "I'll be right back, and until then, good luck beating my high scores!" He laughed and grabbed his doctor bag and ran upstairs.

I looked around the room and sat on the stool behind the drum kit. I picked up the drumsticks and said, "Challenge accepted."

*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

I ended up beating all of Andy's high scores by the time he came back down. He threw a little bit of a fit and helped Ryan walk down the stairs.

"I'm not 100% sure if this will work, so we need to get him to transform," Andy said. Everyone looked at me.

"What?" I said before realizing. I stood up and walked to Ryan, taking his non-casted hand in mine.

"My dearest Ryan," I said, slowly bringing his hand to my mouth. "Will you go on a date with me?"

"Uhm, yeah. Of course," he said. 

"Not the kind of date that you're imagining," I said in a sexy voice before licking his hand.

"Aghuuh, Brendon!" he said, trying to pull his hand away and blushing. "What are you--!" And that's when he transformed into a kitty cat.

"It works!" Andy exclaimed, thrusting his fists in the air. He flattened his hands and said, "High-five!" When no one hi-fived him he high-fived himself, saying "Self-five!"

I picked Ryan up and sat on the couch, petting his head.

"I was serious about the date thing, by the way," I said, holding him in front of me. "So is it a yes? You can nod your head yes or no."

He nodded his head yes enthusiastically and I hugged him.

~~~~~~~~~~

we're so sorry that we didnt get to the Christmas special :( and because we didnt get to that, we're going to go back to regular scheduling

picture to the right is the gang