The Blue-Haired Fiend

Everyone soon figured out what was going on between Jon and Spencer and were disgusted. We eventually started decorating cookies without Jon and Spencer so we could take our minds off of Jon and Spencer. That was kind of hard since we could hear Jon and Spencer.

"Can anyone tell me how long they've been up there?" Patrick said, putting down the icing bag.

"A week by now probably," I said, putting the final touches on my gingerbread man. Ryan chuckled at me as he tried to spread red icing on a sugar cookie with his casted hand. "Want me to get that for you?"

"No, I can do it. It's just this damn cast won't let me do it correctly," he said. "Hey Andy? When can I get this off?"

"Actually now would be the best time to take it off," Andy said, putting down his cookie and icing.

"Seriously?" Ryan looked at him, putting down the cookie he had. Andy nodded.

"I brought my bag so we could take it off," he said.

Ryan looked at me then back at Andy. "You would do that?"

"Yeah," he said. "We can go do it now."

Ryan smiled incredulously and followed Andy to the living room, where I presumed they planned to take off the cast.

I worked on my next cookie while trying to block out the noises from upstairs. My next design was a stocking that I turned into a heart. I coated it with red icing and then with a bag of black icing, wrote 'BU + RR'. I was finishing up when Josh interrupted my flow.

"Do you guys hear that?" he asked. We all made confused faces and said we heard nothing. "Exactly."

Josh was right. Jon and Spencer had finally stopped.

We all sighed and smiled and some of us high-fived. I finished my cookie as Ryan and Andy walked back into the kitchen.

"...And they all come in stylish colors." Andy was in the middle of explaining something as they walked in. "Joe will be doing physical therapy with you" Joe waved "whenever it's convenient for you. Before school, after school. I could even write you a note if you want to get out of math or something."

Ryan smiled. "Thanks Andy," he said. "I think I'll do it after school. I don't really want to miss anything. But thank you for taking it off."

"My pleasure," Andy said. "I'll let you go without a brace for a few more minutes, and then you'll have to put one on, ok?"

Ryan nodded and I tapped on his shoulder. He turned and looked at me and I held out my most recent work of cookie art.

"For you," I said.

"Aww," he said, taking it from me. He looked back up at me. "Can I eat it?"

I laughed. "Yeah, but only one half; I get the other."

"Deal," he smiled before breaking my heart.

"You just broke my heart in half," I said, frowning and looking down.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know how else to do it," he held my heart in his hands.

"It's fine," I said, taking my half of the cookie. "On three." I counted to three and we each took a bite of our halves.

We smiled at each other because it was actually pretty good and that's when Jon and Spencer started up again. Everyone groaned and Tyler even covered his ears.

"HEY DO YOU GUYS WANNA HAVE ANOTHER SNOWBALL FIGHT?" Josh yelled to cover up the noises.

We all yelled back responses and (snow)suited up. This time around, there was less of teams and more of a free-for-all. We all had fun, but were a little more carful this time. We could still hear Jon and Spencer, though.