The New Sub's Kinda Hot

Beep… beep… beep…

I extended my arm to the alarm on the side table, turning it off. I sat up, rubbing my face, all of yesterday’s events coming back to me.

I kissed Ryan.

I jumped out of bed and for the first time ever, I was excited to go to school.

After what was probably a record for fastest shower ever and the quickest dressing ever, I ran out the front door and to school, yelling a goodbye to Mom.

I was running as fast as my legs could take me and just as I saw the school coming close, I tripped and fell. Gosh diddly darn it, I thought. So close.

As I lay there, wallowing in pain, I heard a familiar voice speak from above me.

“Need a hand?”

I looked up to see Patrick holding his hand out with Spencer and Ryan behind him.

“Yea,” I said, grabbing his hand. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” he said. “You going to school?”

“No, I’m just going for a quick trip to Yogurt Land in my uniform,” I joked. “Of course I’m going to school. Although I’d rather be at Yogurt Land.”

“Oh,” Patrick said, looking down. “Sorry.”

“Awh, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad, Pattycakes,” I said, ruffling his hair. “You cute little rabbit, you.”

“Shut up,” he said, blushing. “Let’s just get to school.”

I smiled to myself as we continued to walk to school. After a few minutes of walking, I intertwined Ryan fingers with mine. He looked up from the ground at Spencer and Patrick, who were in their own conversation, before pulling me aside.

“What’s up?” I asked, swinging our hands.

“What the hell was that?!” Ryan whisper-yelled, yanking his hand from mine.

“Have you never heard of hand holding?” I asked as gently as I could, but clearly confused.

“I have but why did you have to?!” he was getting angry, and to be honest, it was quite hot.

“I-I’m sorry. I-I just thought that a-after the kiss...” I trailed off, looking down.

“Well obviously you weren’t thinking, Brendon!” he full-on yelled. “What makes you think that you can just..” and that’s about where I stopped listening and just stared at him. He’s so hot when he’s angry.

“...Brendon, are you even listening to me?” He asked.

“Nope,” I said before pulling his head toward mine and kissing him. He pushed me away and we just stood there staring at each other. After a few seconds of staring, he pulled me into another kiss—a deeper kiss.

After what was probably a little too long, we both pulled away.

“Uhm... W-We should probably g-get to school,” Ryan said after a few moments of silence.

“Alright, let’s go Rycakes,” I smiled, intertwining our fingers again. He blushed as we started to walk and catch up with Spencer and Patrick.

“Hey, where’d they go?” I asked, looking around.

“I don’t know. Let’s just get to school,” Ryan said. We walked in a comfortable silence until we got to school.

“See you later,” I said, letting go of his hand.