Chick Flicks & Ice Cream

*Brendon's POV*

I wiped my eyes and ran toward the door. I opened it and ran into a short-ish dude with facial hair and tattoos and his taller friend with long, super curly hair and a beard.

"Oh, hello," the short guy said. "I'm Doctor Hurley. Are the Walker boys home?"

"Dude, are you ok?" the curly one asked me.

"I don't see anything wrong with him," Doctor Hurley said.

"Andy, put on your glasses," Curly one said, handing Doctor Hurley a pair of glasses.

"Thanks, Joe," Doctor Hurley said, taking his glasses from Joe. He put his glasses on and squinted at me. "Oh. Are you alright?"

I shook my head and pushed Doctor Hurley and Joe out of the way as I took Patrick's phone out of my pocket.

"Make sure Patrick gets this," I squeaked, shoving the phone at Joe before running down the little path way.

I fell down the three stone steps, nearly broke the Michael Jackson bush and I'm pretty sure I swallowed some moss from that tree. I ran home and nearly got ran over by what I think is the same car that had almost run me and my soup over earlier. I sprinted into my house and stumbled into the kitchen.

"Well, you're home early," she observed without looking at me. "How did it go?" She turned around and looked at me. "Brendon, are you crying?"

I just nodded and hugged her.

She hugged me back and stroked my hair. "Honey, what happened?"

I just sniffled and pulled away from the hug, asking, "We have ice cream and P.S. I Love You, right?"

"O-Of course," she said. "Do you wanna talk or just P.S. I Love You ?"

"P.S. I Love You," I answered, grabbing the tub of ice cream and walking into the living room.

*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

"Dang it," I said, wiping tears from my face with a tissue. "Gets me every time."

"I know, right?" she replied, doing the same. "You'd think that we would know better by now."

I nodded in agreement and leaned back into the couch. "Hey, Mom?" I asked.

"Yes, sweetie?" she turned and looked at me intently, ready to answer my question.

"What does it feel like to have a broken heart?" I asked, because I wanted to make sure. I feel like I kind of over reacted at what Ryan said earlier, but it hurt nonetheless.

"Oh, wow," she sighed. "You feel... hollow. Empty. It really... it feels like a punch in the gut... and it's like an ache in your soul. Like you're hungry, but not. I don't know. Wow, this is hard... It just hurts. A lot. Why do you ask? Is that what happened earlier? Oh, honey." She leaned over and hugged me. "Brenny-Bear, just remember that there's a better person out there for you and it gets better. They don't deserve you if they broke your heart."

"Mom, I'm okay," I said, returning the hug. "I'm just mildly upset compared to what you just said. I'm fine, really."

She pulled away from the hug. "Are you sure?"

"Mom, I'm sure," I said with a light chuckle and smile.

"Alright," she pushed a strand of hair out of my face. "Let me know if you need anything."

"I will," I stood up. "I'm just going to go down stairs and play for a while."

"Alright," she said, standing up with me. "I'll be up here if you need me."

"Alright." I smiled at her and walked into the kitchen. I opened one of the cabinets and walked down the stairs that were hidden in them. The stairs lead to the basement that I think used to be some kind of bomb/zombie shelter and it's where I keep all of my musical instruments. I got the idea to do that when I found a piano hidden down there. I don't know how anybody got it down there, but I seized the opportunity and learned to play.

I walked over and sat at the piano that I had named 'Daniel' because the name was scratched onto the side of it and the seat. I played the only full song I knew, A Whole New World from Aladdin.

I was glad that the basement was semi-sound proof because I played every song I knew on every instrument and taught myself any breakup song I could think of for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this chapter is so short

picture to the right is Brendon with a piano