The Library Incident

I found two books. The first one is supposed to be a joke, being a kiddie one, and the second one is an actual one. A large one at that, too.

As I was checking out the books, a voice called from behind me.

"Hey Brendon!"

I turned around to see Gerard jogging to me. I picked up the books and held them in front of my face.

"Please don't hurt me again," I said, scared of what Gerard would do to me this time.

"Brendon, I won't hurt you. You can take the books down," he said, pushing the books down a little. I lowered the books down all the way and he gasped.

"Oh my god. Did I do that?" he held his hand up to his mouth. "Brendon. I-I'm so sorry."

"I-It's fine," I said. "I don't suppose that's what you came to tell me."

"No. It wasn't," he said. "I just was wondering if you had seen Mikey?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Can you just help me find my baby brother?"

"Uhm, I think I saw him go toward the Paleontology section," I said, gesturing lightly.

"The Paleon-what?"

"Pa-le-on-tol-ogy."

"Paleontolology?"

"Just follow me." I started to walk to the back of the library, where the Paleontology section was. When we got there, we saw a sight that made Gerard scream. Mikey and Ray were on the floor, making out without their shirts off.

"Mikey!" Gerard yelled as Mikey and Ray quickly stood up and pulled their shirts on. "What the hell are you two doing?!"

"Gerard, clam down," Mikey said, placing his hand on Gerard's shoulder. "Breathe."

Gerard closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes again, he glanced away from Mikey to glare at Ray. "What were you two doing?"

"It's not what it looks like, Gerard," Mikey said softly. "We're not just fooling around. I really like him."

Gerard clenched his fists and stared at Ray.

"And I like him," Ray said, walking up behind Mikey. They looked at each other and smiled lightly.

Gerard stared for a while before punching me, thankfully and unthankfully, on the good side of my face. I dropped my books and held my face in my hands as Gerard hugged Ray.

"Welcome to the family," he said before pulling away. Gerard backed away uncomfortably and glanced between them. "I'll leave you two to it." He walked away.

I sat down on the floor next to my books. I realized when Gerard punched me, he had knocked off my glasses, so I looked around for them. You know, it's a real pain looking for your glasses when you need your glasses to see.

"Sorry about that, Brendon," Mikey said. I looked up at him. He had his hand out and was holding my glasses. I gathered my books and grabbed his hand.

"Thanks," I said as he helped me up. He handed me my glasses and I waved at them awkwardly before walking away.

I hoped Ryan was damn grateful for these books.

I walked out of the library and school and made my way to the woods. It was kind of hard to walk/run/jog and try to keep my glasses up, because when they were knocked off of my face, they got kind of wonky. I made it to the Ross-Smith-Stump house and was greeted by a cat-which I'm guessing was Ryan-running out of the door, followed by an owl.