Bagles Are Just Acoustic Donuts

After a while of playing AC3, my phone rang. I hoped to the high heavens that it was Ryan. I looked at the caller ID and it was Mom. I sat up from lying down on Mikey’s bed and answered.

“Hello?”

“Brendon Boyd Urie! Where are you?! It is 5:07 and you’re not home!”

“Uhm, I thought you were going to take me home with you?”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh my god,” I laid back down. “You forgot me here.”

“I forgot you where? Brendon where are you?”

“I’m at Mikey and Gerard’s house.”

“Who?”

I sighed and turned the speaker away from my mouth, looking at Gerard and Mikey. “Hey guys, what’s your mom’s name?”

They both answered at the same time. “Donna.”

I turned the phone back to my mouth. “Donna’s kids. Book club? I came over with Mikey, the one with the glasses.”

“Oh my gosh! Brendon I am so sorry! Do you want me to come and get you?”

“No, I can get back home by myself.”

“Alright. I am so sorry.”

“Mom, it’s fine.”

“Okay. I love you.”

“Love you, too. Bye.” And I hung up, sitting up again. “Well, I have to go now. My mom left me here.”

“Maybe it’s a sign,” Frank, who was lying on the floor next to Gerard, said.

“Maybe, but I gotta go,” I stood up, grabbing my bag. “It was nice hanging out with you guys.”

“Wait,” Ray stood up. “Do you need a ride home?”

“Nah, I can walk,” I slung my backpack over one shoulder.

“Are you sure? This part of town can be pretty thuggish at night,” Mikey said, looking up at me.

“Yeah, Urie. You could get raped or something,” Frank chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Please let me drive you home. It really isn’t safe after it starts to get dark,” Ray said, stepping a little closer.

“Alright,” I said. He smiled and led me out of the room. I swear, his smile could possibly cure cancer.

We walked outside and got into his truck. It was a silent ride except for the faint sound of the radio playing.

“I probably should’ve asked this sooner, but where do you live?” Ray asked after a while. I wasn’t even paying attention, I was just.... thinking. I was surprised that we were actually in my neighborhood.

“This orange-ish house up here,” I answered.

“They’re all orange-ish.”

“The one with the Halloween decorations still up.”

He nodded and pulled into the driveway. I got out of the car after he put it in park.

“Would you like to come in?” I asked. “Like, for a glass of water or something?”

“No, thank you.”

“Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem,” he smiled. “See you later, Brendon.”

I smiled back. “Later.” I closed the door and started to walk to the front door. Ray drove off as I walked into the house.

“Mom, I’m home!” I called, setting my bag down next to the door. Mom ran into the living room, hugging me tightly.