Chapter 5

No Pov

Cole and Zane haven't left their room for four days. The others where getting really worried. The only time Cole came out was to try to talk to Zane, go to the bathroom, or get food. "Sensei, why haven't we seen Zane and Cole for awhile?" Jay asks. "I don't know exactly. All I know is that Cole is really worried for Zane. Cole never did anything after Zane rejected him and never game him an answer." Sensei replied. "I want to find out why Zane has been so distant. You said Zane was from an adoption Centre right? For his whole life?" Jay says. "Yeah I don't know which one though." Sensei said thinking. "I think he was from Jolene's Adoption Centre(Sorry I just made up a name)." Sensei finished. "We could go ask them." Jay answered. "Okay lets go tell Kai to watch over Cole and Zane." Sensei said getting up. "Okay." Jay said walking away to get ready to leave.

At the Adoption Centre

"I think this is it, lets go in." Sensei said. Sensei Wu and Jay head into the adoption Centre to see a lady at the front desk. "How can I help you sir?" The lady says. "Uhh hi do you know anyone by the name of Zane Julien?" Jay asks. "Ah Zane, yes such a wonderful kid." The lady said. "Can you tell us a little bit about his time here." Jay asks. "Yes just follow me into my office." The lady said walking to a different room. "Now Zane Julien. Zane was such a wonderful kid whenever he came here. He loved it and befriended everyone here, even the teenagers." Jay and Sensei listened carefully. "He amazed me by his drawling skills at such a young age, he was very polite and loved to talk to everyone. Soon one day it just changed." The lady said. "How did it change?" Sensei Wu asked. "Well he stopped talking, stayed away from everyone, and only drew. It was what he was drawling that scared me." She said. "Do you have a picture of what he drew?" Jay asked. "I might lets me check." The lady checked her cabinet and pulled out a piece of paper. "Here.." The lady set the piece of paper on her desk facing them. It was a drawling all black it had chains and weapons in the room on a table? "Do you know the reason why he drew this?" Jay asked. "Yes. One day I was  going to get Zane for dinner time, and I saw the most horrifying thing anyone has ever done to a child. He was being tortured by a fellow adult that worked here. His name was Mr. Harris. Whenever I found him Mr. Harris jumped out of the window. I didn't care about him. All I cared was about Zane. We had no telephones or anything to get in contact with the hospital or police. We where too far away. I just bandaged him up as best as I can." The lady said. "Thank you, and is there anything Zane admired here maybe we could take?" Sensei asked. "Yes in fact it was a falcon. The only thing he would do was play with it and draw, but whenever he ran away as a kid he never took it. Do you have Zane with you?" The lady asked. "Yes, he's the same at our house, but were have someone there that talks with him." Sensei said. "Thank you for telling me now I know that he is okay, here take the falcon I think he would love it back." The lady handed us the falcon and waved us goodbye.

Back at the Monastery 

"Where back!" Jay yelled. "I'm in here!" Kai yelled. Jay and Sensei walk into the kitchen to see Cole and Zane. "I talked to them and they decided to come out of their cave." Kai laughed. "Ah Zane I have something for you!" Sensei said as he pulled something out of his bag. Zane saw his falcon and smiled. He walked up and grabbed it. "Th-Thank you Sensei!" Zane said. Zane sat his falcon down and gave Sensei Wu a hug. "Zane I'm sorry for your past." "We should've helped sooner." Sensei said. Zane looked up. "We should've known you where abused when you were younger and I'm sorry." Jay finished. "It's okay." Zane hugged Jay. "I-I'm okay." Zane said. Cole had no reason to stay so he was about to just leave the kitchen. As Cole was about to step out he felt a hand on his wrist. He turned around to see Zane and a small sparkle in his eyes, and a light blush. Zane went up and hugged Cole. "Thank you.." Zane whispered. "For what?" Cole asked confused. "For everything." Zane said. "I was scared, I'm sorry." Zane finished.  "It s okay Zane." Cole said. Zane tightened the hug and started to cry into Coles shirt. "Shh its okay Zane, its  not your fault you had a horrible past." Cole said. Cole picked Zane up and took him to his room. Leaving the others in the kitchen. Cole sat Zane on his bed and began to calm him down. Soon Zane was sleeping. "Don't worry Zane I'll protect you and figure out who did this to you." Cole said to himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted nonstop for the last couple days and now that's gonna stop. If it doesn't ill make sure to update Greenflame.  I can't believe it almost has 200 reads. That is way better than I thought. I will probably post another tomorrow AFTER SCHOOL. DANGIT why does Easter break have to end/ it could last longer, but STUPID SNOW DAYZ MAN CMON!

Update soon~

May out~

Word count:965