CAN'T BE HAPPY

Author : soonsoo
Original publish on : livejournal | 2008
Author notes : This is old

___________________________________

Eeteuk, Heechul thinks is working too hard.
Not working persay, worrying over the other members too much. Going to the other dorm to make sure everyone goes where they should.

He goes with him once in a while, only because Eeteuk asks but usually he doesn't.
But he does stay up with his lamp light on until Eeteuk comes home, maybe 1 or 2 in the morning.

"You're still up?" Eeteuk asks and Heechul looks up from his script at him with a confused look even though he knows well that Eeteuk knew that he'd still be awake because he has a bad of snacks and soju which he sets down on the floor before he starts to take off his coat.

Heechul asks Eeteuks how the members are and Eeteuk says they are fine like he always does and adds how Heechul should come next time.

Heechul wants to say 'You should ask me next time.' But he just shrugs and starts opening up the bags of snacks.

By the time Eeteuk plops down on the floor, Heechul had opened up all the bags and bottles which Eeteuk scolded him for, saying that they were going to waste food. Only you know for sure that all the alcohol would be drunk and that they should have something in their systems or rather Eeteuk should since Heechul knows that Eeteuk forgets to eat on many occasions.
Especially these past few days.

"Today's soju tastes the best!" Eeteuk exclaims before pouring himself another shot and drinking it.
Heechul, who was in the middle of taking a shot, stops and look at him.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No... no... everything is fine."

"Is that so?" Heechul replies giving him the most blatant 'I know you're lying' look, which Eeteuk entirely decides to not notice.

"Jungsu yah." Heechul calls out after Eeteuk has finished the 2 bottles in front of him.

"What is it?" He asks and Heechul smiles. "You okay?"

"Oh yeah... I feel so good!" Eeteuk shouts, leaning over onto Heechul's lap.

Heechul leans over and looks deep into Eeteuk's eyes.

Eeteuk doesn't blink or turn away either, just looks.

"To be honest, I'm not okay." Eeteuk downs another shot as he say these words.
"I try and try but nobody is happy... Nobody can be happy when someone is unhappy..." He says and smiles a very heart breaking smile.

"I can't be happy."

Heechul moves his fingers over Eeteuk's eyes as if he could somehow smooth out all the bags under Eeteuk's eyes.

"Jungsu yah, if I'm happy, will you be happy too?" Heechul says, smiling down at the individual who was playing with the hand that was just on his face.

"Of course! But..."
"But what?" Heechul asks, pulling his hand away to prevent Eeteuk from drinking the shot that was tilting dangerously over his eyes.

"You're not happy either... You're not okay either..." Teuk replies, giving up on another drink and instead reaches up to stroke his fingers across Heechul's surprised face.

"I want you to be happy..." Eeteuk mumbles as his eyes close and he dozes off to sleep.

Heechul takes a few more shots and eventually starts laughing.

"Stupid. Don't you realize that when you're not happy I can't be?"