Spreading like sunshine

Author : verility
Original publish on : asianfanfics | 2014
Author note : By request for aeolus003. I hope you like it. ❤️
___________________________________

Leeteuk was sitting in his bed in the military infirmary. He'd picked up a fever during his midnight patrols along the border and nothing he did would break it.

Being stubbornly hard working, he'd had to pass out and be taken to the doctor before he'd admit something was wrong. His superiors hadn't exactly been pleased with it, but he was taken off-duty to get some fluids and sleep off his fever.

He had just woken himself up from a bad dream. Previously, Leeteuk had gotten in trouble for checking his phone and being on social media while on duty. In the dream, he'd been found again and was taken to military prison like the rest of the celebrity unit.

Leeteuk had been shaken from fevered sleep and now he was staring at his phone as if it were possessed. It started vibrating on the table next to him and Leeteuk almost yelled in fear. He checked himself and reached for the phone, answering it without looking at who was calling. "Hello."

"Hey, can you talk?"

It was Heechul. "Yeah," Leeteuk told him, relief at hearing his voice spreading like morning sunshine through his heart. Leeteuk had been relying on Heechul a lot lately, he wondered if Heechul minded, or even noticed.

"I heard you were sick. What happened?" Heechul asked.

Leeteuk smiled at nothing, shaking his head. "Do l even want to know how you know that already?"

"For your own safety, I can't release that information," Heechul laughed.

"It's nothing," Leeteuk said, smiling. "I just got a fever that wouldn't quit, then got told I didn't really have a choice but to go to the doctor."

"Mhmm. Doing too much again aren't you?" Heechul chided.

"Am not. Just, not enough maybe?" Leeteuk sighed. He hadn't really been taking care of himself as well as he should have. He'd skipped meals, skipped sleep and let himself miss everything to the oint of depression.

Leeteuk was sure Heechul would already know most of that though, and he could probably hear the depression in his voice, even though Leeteuk was skilled at hiding it. It was the price Leeteuk paid for loving Heechul so damn much, having a part of his psyche wandering around out there, knowing him too well.

"When was the last time you ate?"

"Too far to count," Leeteuk said softly. He honestly couldn't remember when he'd eaten last, or what it had been. Leeteuk tried to tell himself it was just the fever clouding his memory and listened to Heechul tsk at him.

"How long do you think you'll stay up?" Heechul asked.

Leeteuk couldn't hear any sounds around Heechul; he started to wonder where he was. "I don't know. I just had a nightmare that'll keep me up for a while. should go back to sleep soon though.I can't let everyone down, spending too much time in the hospital."

"Yah, don't be stupid." Heechul sighed. "Not taking care of yourself landed you there, so you'd better start okay?"

Leeteuk was quiet, not able to think of anything to reply with. He almost hit the point of tears thinking that Heechul was right, but his boyfriend cursed from where he was. "What?" Leeteuk asked.

"Nothing, just damn drivers out here."

Leeteuk frowned. "You're out driving? What time is it?"

"It's not too late, but it's dark."

Heechul obviously didn't want to tell him so he looked at the clock by his bed and did a double take. "Heechul, why are you driving at 2:28AM?"