Chapter 27

A/N: This is the last chapter, we had a really great time writing this. We have the sequel out now, check out the trailer! Also please make sure you're following JameyRondeauMusic on Instagram!

I wake up and expect the day to be long and grueling. I try moving around, to get more comfy but my muscles are too relaxed yet sore at the same time. That’s a bizarre combination. I open my eyes and jump. The walls are white and I see a monitor. Oh shit, am I seriously in the hospital again? This will be the third time within like the last two months. I see Demi, with tears going down her cheeks. What’s going on right now? Did I miss something? In a daze I see her shaking her head and holding my hand.

After a few minutes I ask, “what are you so sad about?”

She jumps and says, “Jess, you’re awake!”

I nod my head a little bit, “Water, please?” my throat is oddly burning and in pain.

She nods and gets me a glass of water from a pitcher on the side of the bed.

After downing a glass I ask, “How long was I out and what the hell happened to me?”

She looks down and asks back, “You don’t remember do you?”

I explain to her what happened the past two months and she looked concerned. I have missed something and apparently it’s something big.

“I would never have left you.”

I smile, “That’s why I was so pissed at you! So why am I here now?”

“I guess while you were in a coma, you had a nightmare.”

“Oh wow, what happened?”

“I guess you fell and slashed your wrist like you said. That’s what the doctors said at least.”

I nod, “Why am I so sore?”

She swallows, and I can tell she’s not telling me something. I move my feet a little bit so I know I’m not paralyzed.

“I guess your muscles were just really chilling.”

I laugh, “Now that’s what I call well-rested. Where are my parents at?”

She swallows even harder, “They went home for the night.”

“Why are you here?”

“I had the day off.”

“I thought you were going to Timberline to visit or whatever.”

“That doesn’t matter, right now.”

She looks so sad.

“What the hell is wrong with you, you look like someone just killed your god damn puppy? This could’ve happened to anyone, I just happen to be extremely klutzy.”

She goes to say something but then a couple of doctors come in all adrenaline like. They look at me, then each other, then me again.

I smile, “Hello there, about time.”

Demi gives me a look of, ‘be nice, it’s three o’clock in the morning.’

In an Australian accent one guy says, ““Sorry about that, we had another patient.”

I give him a serious face and they get a little worried look.

I laugh and say, “I’m totally playing with you.”

They both nervously laugh while Demi just rolls her eyes.

“I was told you’re pretty cheeky.”