Chapter 4

As I'm on my way to a recording studio with my mom I come up with an idea. Why don't I start a Vlog? Sure I can't tell anyone details but why not after some of the excitement happens? I immediately take out my iPod and start filming.

"Hi everyone. I'm on my way to the recording studio. My mama's driving me." 

I turn it towards her and she gives me a weird look before immediately looking the road again. I always knew she wasn't that fond of cameras.

"No thank you."

"C'mon mom, you look beautiful. Introduce yourself."

She rolls her eyes and says, "Hi everyone, my name is Lyn, I'm Jessy's mom." 

I laugh and say, "Keep going!"

She shakes her head, "What do you want me to say then?"

"Umn how beautiful and awesome I am." 

My mom laughs, "Jessy is the most amazing daughter a woman can ask for. She is beautiful and I love her." 

“Aw!”

My mom laughs as I continue the vlog. "So yeah I'm super excited. I've never done either of these things. I tried recording a couple of songs with my friend Mitchel but they were covers and we were outside. Note, don't record things outside because even with a pop filter it will come out windy! Anyway, I haven't made a vlog either so yay! Basically I guess I'm gonna be talking about my life. Advice for others, answering questions yada, yada! I'm from New England, I won't get more specific because it's a rather small place. I'm 15, I turn 16 at the end of August. Right now I'm in LA with mom doing music and acting. Back home I have my brother and father. My dad's name is Ryan, and brother's name is Justin. My dad is a biochemist, and Justin is a senior in high school. I have a dog that you will probably hear me talking about because he is insane. I also have a cat that you'll probably see a lot. Some more little things about me... I like to sing and act! That's not that big of a secret though I guess. You guys should check out some of my covers, just kidding. I don't really care actually. Umm I absolutely love Demi Lovato. If you ever meet me don't bring her up or else I'll probably explode."

I notice that we are about to turn in to the studio so I say, "Well I'm gonna go and maybe restart this when I get home. Duces"

Both of us laugh as my mom interrupts, "Get out of the car you crazy kid."

I laugh and give her a kiss good bye. People would usually find that embarrassing but I don't know. My mom and I are super close and although we get mad a lot, she's the bomb. I walk up to the recording studio and into where there is a receptionist. I walk over and tell her my name. She leads me to a room that has the board and glass. I start freaking out and look at all the stuff, being careful not to touch anything until I get permission. Soon Sam and Toby walk in and I greet them. We sit down and Toby starts talking about our game plan.

"Alright, so today we are going to introduce you to the booth. It's pretty simple, we're going to record a few covers, and start writing you a single."

"No pressure, we only need to be done in a few hours." I think about the fact that it’s currently eight and my call back is at one.

Sam asks concerned, "The one for Fame isn't today right?"

I shake my head, "No they still have people auditioning. I doubt I'm getting into that movie anyway though."

"Why?"

"I looked at the list and they have a lot of really famous people that auditioned. I'm not a lead but I still have a song and stuff."

"BS, you'll get it. I looked at the show last night out of curiosity. What role are you up for?"