Chapter 3

I scream, "No, no, no! You can't do this to me! I've done so much for us, for him!" I drop the anger a little bit, "He's leaving, just like everyone else." I go silent for a second and continue, "Just like my father when I was only a couple of days old, then my brother when he could finally get away from that woman." I get angry again. "No that's not a woman. That's a monster! She made me like this." I break down into full blown tears, "She beat me, every single night for years. Then shoved me in that little closet, only leaving hope that one day she would finally finish me off." I do a little realization tactic. "I can't even look at myself in the mirror, I'm her. I love him so much though; I just needed to have control." I get a sudden burst of anger again. "But it's his fault, he's just a stupid football player, no he's a bench warmer!" I look down and break into tears again, "But he's all I've got, I need him. I have nothing, I am nothing." I finally collapse into tears.

I smile and jump back up, "Any good?"

The casting directors look stunned and amazed.

"Well, you can definitely act and sing. We are gonna put you through a reading now. You can use your scripts. First we'll read you for Pretty Little Liars, then Switched at Birth, The Fosters, Fame, and lastly Cheaper by the Dozen."

I nod and go through all the scenes. I think I did well, I doubt I'll get onto Pretty Little Liars or The Fosters though because they didn't really fit me. At the end I shake all of their hands and say thank you. As I walk out the door my mom and Roger are there waiting for me. Anxiously, they don't say anything, but I know they are wondering.

"I nailed my monologue and vocal audition," I discussed with them my opinion of the other shows. We walk out to the parking lot and Roger says his goodbyes. We get into our car, when I receive a phone call.

"Hey, is this Jessy?"

"Yes, this is Tequan right?"

"Yeah, I was wondering, do you wanna hangout?"

"That would be awesome. When is good for you?"

"Tonight, wanna go out for dinner and see a movie?"

I look at my mom and she nods.

"Sure, where do you want to go?"

"Wherever you want." I know this guy is on General Hospital, so he has to make a pretty good amount of cash.

"Do you know SUR restaurant?"

"Yeah, I have a buddy who is a bartender there."

"Let's go there."

"Okay."

"You pay for dinner, and I'll pay for movie?"

"Sure, I'll pick you up at seven and we'll figure out what we want to see while we're eating."

"Okay, I'll text you my hotel's address. Bye."

"Bye."

My mom immediately gives me a weird look.

"What?" I ask as I text him the address.

"Who's Tequan, and why is he picking you up?"

"He's a guy I met at the beach and we're going to dinner."

"Oh great, didn't I tell you not to talk to strangers?"

"Many times, but he's not a stranger. You'll know who he is as soon as you see him, eventually."

"Eventually?"

"Yes! He's a little older, it's not like it's a date."

"Even better, keep talking!"