Chapter 15

Jessy's POV

I just got off stage for my performance with Demi and what the hell is wrong with her? Her nose keeps running and she's purposely choosing to lower her key. She better not be getting sick! After Demi does Give Your Heart a Break, I hear the crowd go wild and I laugh. Soon enough my family is backstage with me in one of the hangout rooms.

My mom never has really liked Demi as an artist so I say, "Mom before you tell me how amazing I was, how was Demi?"

She smiles and says, "She's alright."

"Right."

Jessie then says, "Jess, that was amazing. You have come so far from doing little performances for my family. I remember you singing You and I at my confirmation party and now you're here performing in front of 20,000 people. I'm so proud."

I smile and give her a hug; she has no idea how much that means to me.

"I really wish you could stay with me, and come."

She smiles, "Me too, but school is waiting for me. I wonder if I could come for Spring Break."

I nod and say, "Please do, I'll need all the company when I'm not working once I'm back in LA."

"Oh yeah, you have the movie. Are you excited?"

"Dude, it's a musical movie. I'm more than pumped."

We talk and catch up on life. Eventually the bus needed to leave so I say good bye to everyone. It's midnight and I'm exhausted. I go on the bus, up the stairs and into my bunk. I literally feel really happy right now, and I'm going to bed not because I'm overly tired or sad from home sickness but because I'm satisfied.

--------------

I look at the time, it's six am and everyone is getting up. I look around and see Demi out of bed coughing. Normally only Natalie and Holly would be up to help with move in but the next show is tomorrow. I look at Demi and she looks like shit, yakking into a tissue. That's all she did all night: cough, sneeze, and blow her damn nose. I feel bad.

I say, "Why is their human life happening?"

"I'm staying in the apartment today. Everyone else is in the hotel. You're more than welcome to stay in the guest bedroom or go with them."

I shake my head, "Nah, I'm just going to stay on the bus. I'm more comfortable here."

She raises her eyebrow, "Are you sure? It's not a big deal."

"Yeah, if anything I'll just stop in and maybe use the pool."

She shrugs, "Just remember that we have Jimmy tonight."

I nod, great my first talk show. At least I don't have to perform with Demi though. It's one thing to have a YouTube video that only teenagers will end up watching, never mind when people will actually observe and compare. She has such a crazy range verses me who does my little harmonies that aren't actual harmonies. Eventually everyone is gone, and I'm able to fall back asleep. Some people would be lonely and what not but I'm not. I'm happy to finally have me time. I fall into a peaceful sleep, until 11am when someone woke me up... It's Holly, that girl that's a glorified therapist. She woke me up by gently rubbing me.

I tried pushing her away but she wouldn't budge so I just say, "Would you like something by any chance?"

She nods and says, "Now that you've been on tour for a couple of days I would like to give you a couple of rules."

I look at her like he's crazy and just put my head back on my pillow and close my eyes. I don't want to be rude but I am having me time. "And the first one of those is to have a sleeping schedule. Here it is not a come and go place, schedules create an organized life. Even if you have a day off, it's not sleep all day."