Chapter 24

The next couple of days went over well. I was finally able to check out social media and turn my phone back on. Right now I'm in Business, listening to Mickey make his cruel comments about me saying that I'm a bitch and slow, charming isn't he? I'm so tired of this kid; he's angry all the time and dates my grade's Regina George. It's only because he's gay and won't come out. After class gets out, lunch comes up. Brynn's pep talk brought me some perspective. I've been eating more and more. Still purging, but at least it's progress. I get my food, pizza. My number one binge. Shit, as I sit down, it was like I was a vacuum cleaner.

Caleb, a friend that’s dating my other friend Sondra, says, "Were you hungry by any chance?"

I nod and get up to get a fork for my peaches. On my way back I go to the table Joel, another drag queen in the show. I ask him a question on costuming. All of a sudden Mickey tells me to shut up and I flip the hell out.

"Shut up Jessy."

I say casually, "What the fuck, it's not my fault your sitting here,” he just gives me a dirty look.

I give one back and start talking to Joel again.

"How dare you give me that look?"

I say in a firm tone, "You need to stop."

Mickey stands up and says, "This is the reason no one fucking likes you, you’re a bitch."

Impulsively I get in his face and say, "And this is the reason no one likes you. You are a grumpy narcissistic sociopath. You are the evil in this school that brings everyone down. Now leave me alone."

"Fuck you."

"That’s it."

I walk slightly back to my table and I hear, "Why don't you say it to my face, little retarded cunt?"

That's my breaking point. I walk over to him and punch him in the face. He falls off his bench and I laugh a little and sit back down on the bench. All of a sudden I hear his girlfriend shrieking.

She comes over, "What the fuck did you just do Jessy?!"

Caleb laughs and replies, "What everyone else wanted to do."

"I think her queen bitch tittle is slowly being removed."

"I'm right here."

"Really because all I see is an airhead."

"That wasn’t cool Jessy, apologize.”

I laugh, “He had it coming. He’s a little bitch, just like you.”

She just looks dumbfounded. I go to sit down, but she grabs my wrist. “Take it back.”

I shake my head. “I wouldn’t go there. I’m fifty pounds heavier and a foot taller.”

“Really? You’re forgetting about something.”

I shrug bigly.

“I’m from this ghetto town bitch.”

She grabs my hair and yanks it back, probably as far as it could go. She goes to grab my other side with her other arm but I quickly grab it with one of my arms and grab the hand that’s in my hair and yank it so she would let go. I put both of her arms behind her back and turn her around like the cops do. I kick her ass with my foot really hard and she falls on her face. Then I sit on her ass waiting for someone to get me. While sitting, Sondra walks over and spits on Clarissa’s face. I laugh a little and shrug. After a minute or so, the reaction over Mickey’s face changed to shoving me off of the bitch. We were on both sides and I run over and clock the bitch upside her head. I’ve been waiting to beat the shit out of her for a while. I’ve never had the time to do it until now. It feels pretty good in the moment.

After a while I run out of energy and Clarissa’s face is bloody. Someone got me off her and I’m getting pulled into the main office that’s right next to the cafeteria. The teachers are looking at me with disbelief.

I yell, “What are you looking at?! Un-fucking-believable, saint Jessy has done something wrong. So shocking.”

Sosa comes over and says, “If I were you I would be very careful what you say in the next couple of minutes.”

“Or what?”

Chef, the culinary teacher that’s never liked me says, “You need to calm down, and watch your tone.”

“Let me guess, you’ve already called the cops. So what’s the point? I can’t go much farther down.”

---

The next hour is pretty much a big blur. I don’t remember much but all I know is that I’m in the juvenile correction facility until someone bails me out. My brother is doing something important for robotics, and god knows how my grandmother and mother are doing. They have tried calling my house and what not but she unplugged the phone. I finally realize who I need to call, I ask for my phone call from a guard and he nods his head. I pick up the phone and dial.

Eventually someone picks up, “Hey. I got myself into trouble. Do you think you could bail me out?”

He says in response, "What the hell?"

"I promise it isn't anything major. It was something stupid, and it was a mistake. My parents aren't in the picture at the moment and we don't have any money. I know someone that can get me, but I need money. I promise to pay you back right away."

"Yeah, I can do that, but seriously what the hell Jessy?"

"Look, I know I messed up, and I'll be glad to explain everything once I'm out of here."

"Yeah, how much do you need?"

"I don't know. All I know is that I'm getting out but I need an attorney."

"Holy fuck. What the fuck did you do?"

"Simple assault."

"What the fuck?!"

"Yeah, so can you wire it into my friend's account and she'll give it to whomever."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me."

"I guess not. How are you doing, are you okay?"

"Well in the past week my father has died, and I'm in tech for a show. So pretty damn bad considering I'm now in jail. The quicker you get the money to her, the quicker that happens, and the quicker I'm out."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"Yeah, yeah. We aren't exactly on speaking terms but I knew you would do this for me. My time is up. Call Brynn Declar at 342-324-1231 and explain the situation. I'm at Rhode Island Juvenile Correction Center in Providence."

"Okay. Stay Strong."

"Thanks. You too."