Chapter 12

Today's the big day! I'm doing an actual set in between Collin's second performance and Demi. What?! I'm literally freaking out. Apparently those covers I recorded were my six song block, hopefully I chose the right ones. Right now Darcy, who flew out last night, is fixing me up. I have an interview in about 30 minutes and I'm scared shit crazy. I can handle a lot of pressure, but damn no thank you. As much as a charmer and open person I am, I don't know. There is just something that is scaring me about this. After she's done getting me ready I go into another room and find Demi. I walk in to find her talking to Nick Jonas, holy shit he's in my presence. Gotta admit, I used to think Joe was the cuter one but thank god for puberty.

Thirty seconds go by and I don't want to interrupt so I begin turning around until Demi says, "Hey Jessy."

I stutter out, "Hhii."

Demi giggles and says, "Any particular reason why you're nervous again?"

I shake my head.

"Nick, this is my newest member of the Neon Lights Tour, Jessy. Jessy, this is the tour's director and you're obvious celebrity crush Nick Jonas."

I awkwardly laugh and almost faint when I touch Nick's hand as I shake it.

"This might be embarrassing but I'm just gonna throw it out there. You're really good looking!"

Nick smiles and says, "Why thank you, you are pretty beautiful yourself."

Oh god, that just literally made me die. Before I pass out or do something even more embarrassing I excuse myself.

"Z100 is here and I'm next to be interviewed so I guess I'll go continue to get prepared."

"Don't be nervous about that, just be yourself and I'm sure they'll love you!"

I nod and give Demi a hug before walking into a hallway and into another room that leads to the interviewing room. Who would've known the backstage area was so god damn complicated? After a little bit of waiting I see Collins lurking in the corner somewhere.

I go over and say, "What's up?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing and yourself?"

I shrug, "Waiting for this interview to be over. I just want to perform not be bombarded with questions on my personal life."

Collins laughs, "The price you pay, must be nice though."

I laugh and shake my head. "Did you do yours yet?"

He shakes his head, "I don't get interviews."

I give him a look and he nods.

"Well wanna know what, you're doing an interview with me then."

He gives me another look and I nod my head this time.

"You are just as much a part of the tour as any of us are!"

He grins and gives me a high five. "You're alright, you know that?"

I nod, "Yep!"

Eventually we hear the door open again and Little Mix comes walking out. Here goes nothing. We walk together into the room and one of the camera men looks at us suspiciously. Soon the host comes in and introduces himself.

"You must be Jessy, my name is JJ."

I shake his hand and say, "Hi, nice to meet you. Not to be too pushy but this is Collins, the magician on tour and I was wondering if he could be in the interview to."

JJ raises his eye brow, "I don't know if I can do that."

I say, "Well it's not like you could've researched him much. No offense, and I literally just came into this light yesterday."