6

- April 23rd -

"Marinette, don't you know you're going to be late for school?" Tikki sighed, flying around the room, patiently waiting for Marinette to get up.

Marinette groaned from her bed. She didn't want to get up. "I saw Kagami and Adrien together yesterday. They were at Adrien's place, Kagami was visiting."

Tikki rolled her eyes. "That's the reason you don't want to go? Marinette, come on. How can you be so sure that Adrien and Kagami aren't just friends. I mean, friends can visit each other, just like Alya visits you."

Marinette nodded, slowly getting up. "I know, I know. But maybe if Kagami and Adrien are really dating, it would help me move on from Adrien."

"Just get ready for school," Tikki slowly spoke, while Marinette walked around like a zombie. "At least be glad that you woke up early this time."

After getting ready, with Adrien and Kagami still stuck on her mind, Marinette left for school.

She hoped that she would find Alya on the way, but she didn't. So it probably meant that she was taking the car, or possibly went out for school much more earlier.

She arrived and went inside. She met Alya and Nino inside and the both of them seemed to be surprised at seeing her.

"What is happening?" Alya gasped. "Marinette coming to school early? What does this mean?"

Marinette rolled her eyes. The truth was, she couldn't sleep, so she still felt tired. She robbed her eyes and nodded. "Yup! Marinette Dupain-Cheng is early today."

Both Nino and Alya started laughing, and soon after Marinette joined them.

"What's so funny?"

Marinette almost screamed at the voice. She walked towards Alya so Adrien wouldn't focus much on her.

"Oh you're here too, Agreste?" Alya nudged Nino's arm, as if reminding him of something. "Well people are coming in early."

Adrien shrugged. "I just decided that I should come way more early today. Besides I have so much energy."

It doesn't even look like he notices me here. Marinette peeked from Alya's back. I guess that's good, because I don't want to face him either.

"Oh hey Marinette. What are you doing?" Adrien frowned as Marinette peeked from Alya's back once more. Finally she stepped out.

"Oh, n-nothing mu-uch," She gulped. Keep it together Marinette. He's already got a girlfriend, it doesn't help that you're still stuttering around him.

"Okay then. I'll see you guys in class," Adrien waved and started walking away. Weird. Why is my heart beating so fast?

- in the afternoon (after lunch) -

Marinette took her seat at her next class. Just two more classes to go and she'll be going home. Maybe the more she stayed away from Adrien, the less feelings she would have about him.

Suddenly, her mind was brought into Chat. What was he doing right now? How was he feeling? She had to admit, she felt a little bit worried for the cat.

"Hey Marinette, you're also in this class?" Adrien waved before sitting right in front of her.

Of course I'm in this class. I've been in this class from the start of school. You don't remember?

Marinette looked at his face without answering. He looks awfully happy about something.

Then the door swung opened, and in came Kagami. Marinette's eyes widened. She clenched a fist but unclenched it when she knew there was nothing to be mad about.

Come on, don't be so angry! No wonder Adrien was so happy. It was because Kagami was coming here. Oh no, what if she's moving in to this school. What if she's here to declare her relationship with Adrien? What if she ruins my life?!

Marinette tried not to make eye contact with the girl in front of the class, but when she did, Kagami actually waved at her.

Maybe she's just pretending to be nice. I can't trust her too easily.

"Hey guys and girls, I'm sorry to be interrupting this class," Kagami cleared her throat. Marinette didn't know if she was seeing things, but it looked like Kagami was more focused on her.

"I've heard about this rumour, that you all are spreading," Kagami continued, making Marinette look down. "And I don't like it. I'm just here to tell you all that me and Adrien are NOT dating!"

Marinette looked up. Not? They're not dating?

"So if you hear someone saying this to you, be sure to tell them what I said. Besides," Kagami turned to Marinette again, "Adrien already have someone else that he likes."

Why was she looking at me? Does that mean that... I'm the one Adrien likes? But that possibly can't be it, right?

Okay Marinette, it's time you start being positive. Everytime when it comes to Adrien, you're always negative, thinking that you're not good enough. Now it's time to start acting the opposite. It could be possible that Adrien actually likes you.

Besides, what's wrong with me? If he doesn't like me, then so be it. I can't force him to like me.

Finally Kagami started heading back for the door when she saw others deep in conversations about what she had probably just said.

She turned to Adrien. "You're welcome," She whispered. Adrien nodded with a smile. "And Adrien?"

Adrien looked back up at Kagami. "Yes?"

"You should tell her," She smiled at him. "Before it's too late." And she left, leaving Adrien to wonder who she was actually taking about.

- after school -

Alya waited, and waited. Finally she couldn't wait any longer. Standing up, she walked back inside the school.

Where is that boy?! She wondered, roaming around. Did he already leave? Well, it would make sense that he has already left, because he usually goes home early, but I didn't see him come out.

Finally she heard voices coming from the library. She walked up to the door of the library and peeked inside.

That's... That's Adrien and Lila! Ugh! What are they doing together.

She opened the door. Adrien and Lila were heading towards the exit, with Lila clinging unto Adrien.

"But Adrien, I know it's me. Come on, admit it. Don't be so nervous," Lila was saying.

"For the last time, it's not you!" Adrien yelled. "So stop bugging me about it. I'm tired of you always being around me."

Hmm... I wonder what they're talking about. Possibly about what Kagami said earlier.

Marinette had told her about what happened with Kagami coming to their class and spreading the real actual news to everyone. She felt happy for her best friend. Now all Alya had to do was make sure Marinette knew it was her that Adrien liked.

"But Adrien!" Lila whined. "Kagami said that you already liked another girl. And I know that girl is me. Kagami and all the rest of other girls must be jealous of us right now."

Gosh, I have to record this! Alya quickly took out her phone. Maybe this would convince Marinette.

"Lila, the girl I like will never be you!" Adrien exclaimed, not aware that Alya was recording them. "So stop saying that. I like some else who is way better than you."

"But Adri-"

"We are NOT friends. Please leave me alone!" Adrien walked out of the exit, slamming the door even though it was a library.

Lila stood there, her face getting angrier and angrier. One name fell out of her tongue.

"Marinette!"

-----------

I'm gonna update another chappie soon after I edit it.
Enjoy...