79. Brave

"I'll sent you a text, have a good day," Jaemin smiled then left towards the restroom while Renjun was trying his best to not to look his way, but couldn't, he saw Jaemin staring his way their eyes meeting, a strange thing happening to his body when he followed the boy for a second with his gaze then turned around laving quickly unable two understand this strange feeling.

"Come!" Sicheng wasn't looking at him when he followed him out of the flat after muttering a quick thank you to Taeil.

They reached the car soon, he saw Sicheng's hands trembling on the steering wheel when they got in. Sicheng was very unfocused while driving and Renjun needed to tell him to watch out a lot of times, although his body and mind were on fire, Jaemin's face liked carved in his mind, he couldn't think straight thinking about the moments on the rainy street, in the sports car, on the party, Jaemin's fiery gaze, his low voice, his smile, the warmth of his hand... Stop! He begged himself.

He suddenly saw Sicheng breaking out in tears and he felt something icy filling him, they were next to Sicheng's house and the boy had found an empty parking spot on the street, so he parked the car there.

"What?" asked Renjun feeling he's not able to breath steady.

"Sicheng speak! Is grandma?" he asked.

"Grandma's alive," whispered Sicheng.

"So what?" Renjun felt his chin trembling.

"Sicheng shouldn't tell you, had promised Jae Sicheng won't but... Taeyong left," he said when Renjun felt all air moving out of him.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Him and Jae argued and... he packed his bags, took a plane to the States, he's not answering Jae's calls. Yuta is calling him all the time trying to convince him to come back, but... Yeah...," Sicheng shrugged.

Renjun turned from him digging his nails in his hand to not to scream. How? What? Because of him, right? Taeyong couldn't be with a son who was so disappointing for him, but why had he left Jae, how? He couldn't, he loved Jae more than anyone. Maybe he wanted to kill Lucas, no definitely not.

"Bring me to Jae," said Renjun taking a deep breath.

"But..." whispered Sicheng.

"Jae needs me, bring me to him."

And Jae was struggling so hard because of his mum, he needed Taeyong more than ever, how could he? And him, he needed his Daddy Tae so so much. He feel a new wave of pain and anger, he could just shout all possible regrets into Taeyong's face when Sicheng started the car driving calmer, he was sobbing a little washing the tears off with his sleeve while Renjun begged him to concentrate so he did. It was way too long before they saw the castle. Renjun felt fear when he entered, yet he ran inside to find Jae sitting in an armchair crying.

"Junie! I've told Sicheng not to..."

But Renjun only jumped at his lap hugging him tightly breaking out into tears.

"I'm here ok, nor matter what I'm here," he whispered hugging Jae tightly when he felt so torn the unfairness of the world opening something deep.

"My Junie, I love so so much," whispered Jae.

"And I love you, remember no matter what I'm here for you and you're here for me. We will survive," said Renjun lifting his head up and Jae nodded through the tears.

He cuddle back in Renjun who was caressing his hair for a long time whispering comforting words. How could he be the one strong here, because he had lost so many people in his life already, but not Daddy Tae, he felt so much pain.

"If Sicheng can help just say," he heard Sicheng's voice behind him.

"Thanks," Jae tried to clam down a little.

"It's all my fault," whispered Renjun looking at Jae.

"Nevef think so. You have the fight to love whoevef you love, no mattef what happens be sufe to fight fof this fight ok," said Jae when Renjun nodded.

They stayed there, Sicheng sat down on a chair when Renjun was cuddling to Jae trying his best to be strong but he couldn't.

Soon Sicheng asked if he could speak with Jae privately so Renjun gave them space. He hid in his room where he suddenly felt so weak, it was easier to be strong next to Jae, but now he was just the lost boy who missed Taeyong so much. He even considered calling him but he decided not to, as he was just too disappointed, too angry, he saw Ti who jumped in his lap to comfort him so he cuddled her to his chest.

"Daddy Tae left us," whispered Renjun breaking out into tears, speaking it out loud made it real.

He was crying for a long time cuddling his kitten till he let go, Ti move around sticking to his side when he took his phone trying his best to figure out who to call - his therapist, Chenle, Jeno?

'Call me whenever you need a ride in the rain,' he read the first text that appeared when he lit the phone up.

He felt something strange filling his stomach despite all the pain, so he just dialed this number cursing at himself in his head for stupidity.

"Hi Renjun, it's not raining today but I'd gladly help," he heard Jaemin's cheerful tone.

"Jaemin..." whispered Renjun starting to sob.

"Renjun, what happened? Clam down and speak."

"No you... you don't understand... Daddy tae left... he he moved out from me and Jae, he had left us," Renjun sobbed louder.

A silence fell on the other side when Renjun was sniffing all the time.

"Say something," he begged.

Thank you for all your beautiful support, I know this chapter was heartbreaking but let me know your thoughts about the situation? What do you think about Taeyong leaving and Renjun seeking help by calling Jaemin?

Much <3