29. Jury boy

Their plane had landed on time so Jae was a little bit less nervous when they were driving towards Lauren's house. He needed to be in the studio before 6 p.m. but he was pretty sure he might be late. Still him and Taeyong wanted to surprise Renjun, especially Taeyong couldn't wait to see his Junie. Jae was happy his lover will be with him as he need to make up with his son after his ridiculous behavior during their goodbye. Ti was in her cage on the backseat giving out unpleasant sounds, she didn't like the bumpy road.

"Maybe we will leave Ti with Lauren till tomorrow morning?" asked Taeyong.

"Good idea," Jae sighed.

He was glancing at the clock impatiently.

He had no time to ask Sicheng to send him the candidates files, so he will face ten strangers in his jury chair, he really hoped there will be people who will live up to his expectations there, as he was looking for someone as good as Mark. Yes, maybe he should lower hie expectations to not to be too disappointed.

They finally stooped the car on Lauren's driveway, so Jae jumped out hurrying to the house, he pressed the doorbell hoping it won't be Kun the one who opens, he didn't want to start his comeback with passing someone a blue eye.

"Calm down," he felt Taeyong's hand around his waist, ok now Kun could open as Taeyong would definitely stop them from demolishing each other.

But the door crackled and he jumped back seeing a stranger.

"Is it Laufen's house?" he asked.

"Jungwoo," said the boy slamming the door shut.

"What was that?" asked Jae.

"Calm down," Taeyong pressed the bell again.

The boy opened, said 'Jungwoo' then slammed the door shut in front of their noses.

When he tried to do it again they heard Lauren yelling at him. Taeyong giggled.

Soon the girl opened, she was out of breath her his messy, she had a cleaning rag in her hands and plastic gloves on.

"I'm so sorry he can't even. Jungwoo act like a human at lest once!" she shouted at the boy who ran away.

"Hi Lauren," said Taeyong smiling wide.

"Taeyong hi, oh I wasn't exiting you two at all," she became pale.

"We came to pick up Renjun and bring him to the live show, we will be cheering for Jae from the audience," Taeyong smiled wider.

"Ah!" Lauren became paler. "But Sicheng has already taken him to the show," she said.

"Oh!" Jae felt how the rest of his good mood faded like Taeyong's smile.

"Ah, this yes... complicates things... we wanted to surprise him," muttered Taeyong.

"I'm sorry I had no idea you will come," Lauren smiled apologetically.

"No it's ok, we will meet there anyway, so we will take his things as we're here," muttered Taeyong.

"But Sicheng had already taken it all as he knew Jae is coming back," Lauren blushed.

"Yes great, sorry for bothering, have a nice time cleaning yes, and don't get too frustrated over this boy," said Taeyong‚ he took Jae by his sleeve pulling him to the car.

"But we made all this way fof nothing!" complained Jae.

"Relax, it will be ok, it only proves we have amazing friends who can take great care of our son," Taeyong leaned in pecking his lips twice to calm him down.

Jae inhaled sharply.

The feeling that was haunting him during this whole week in California returned, the odd suspicion he should have been here instead of being absolutely pleased by Taeyong night by night.

He was getting more and more stressed when they were driving back into the city, his phone rang a lot of times, the number belonged to the main producer, but he ignored, he will say the flight had a delay although all fan sites were now posting the photos of their arrival online.

"Stop checking the phone and relax," said Taeyong giggling.

Yes you won't be the one told off for being late, thought Jae miserably.

Why couldn't Sicheng tell, ok he could also share his plan with him.

He was happy when they reached the studio, there it became chaotic, the producer was complaining, the stylist was begging Jae to dress up quicker when the make up artist was running around him putting his make up on. There were journalists from different media waiting in front of the changing room willing an interview and Amanda wanted his opinion on the way to stage on how the jury should give criticism to the candidates.

Jae was boiling over, listening with one ear when a girl from the production teams was giving him details where to move in the studio, what cameras to catch and so on. It was 9 minuets before going on air when he had a small breather stopping behind the stage feeling all numb form the stress and different expectations, his own, others. Yes, he will just go out there, find Taeyong in the audience and this will give him strength. Maybe Taeyong has already found Junie, maybe they will sit together giving him thumbs up.

The stuff lady came to him again, she was counting the time to go on stage, the MC introducing the judges for the show, warming up the crowd.

Thank you for your beautiful support, it's really important for me especially in hard times.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter? What do you think about Jaeyong coming back and looking for Renjun? What will happen during the live show? How will Jae react?

Much <3